• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC endless melee swings/stuck in block

TerraMaw

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 12, 2015
2 bugs but the reproduction of both are similar

Category: Code

Reproducibility: Always

Summary:can constantly do an attack with melee weapon without letting go of mouse

Description:by switching to my melee weapon from another weapon i can hold down my mouse button to continuously do a specific attack

Reproduce
1) equip a melee weapon
2) hold the normal attack to do a full combo (must do full combo, cannot stop mid combo)
3) switch to another weapon (not the syringe or welder, can be done by another melee weapon, guns must be in it standard fire mode)
4) once draw animation is complete switch back to the melee weapon in step 1
5) press and hold normal attack key (like how would with the katana to do an attack from sheath)
6) weapon now will continuously do the last attack from the combo from step 2

done with lvl 0 berserker and lvl 14 medic with all melee weapons with a combo except the katana

this bug allows me to do any attack constantly without having to release my finger after every 3~4 swings. All the attacks will swing the same way as the last attack in the combo

cannot be done with a katana
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Category: Code

Reproducibility: Always

Summary:melee weapon will be stuck in block until pressing block button and letting go

Description:by switching to my melee weapon from another weapon it will force my melee weapon to block

Reproduce
1) equip a weapon with different fire modes
2) set the weapon to its non-standard fire mode (single fire mode for most guns)
3) switch to melee weapon
4) press and hold normal attack key (like how would with the katana to do an attack from sheath)
5) after draw animation of melee weapon finishes it will be stuck in block mode

done with commando and support with all melee weapons with a combo (including katana)

this bug forces me to block until i switch to another weapon or press and release the block key

Last edited: