• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Endgame/new game plus concepts

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
Endgame content:
*make hunt and population control missions replay-able
*allow enemies to scale to your sharks level so they will drop more currency when consumed.
*apex enemies can respawn
*add shark skins that alter the look of your shark for doing various challenges such as
Albino skin: obtained for killing one of each of the albino fish species.
Maneater skin: obtained from eating 1000 humans
Apex of the deep skin: obtained from killing all of the apex predators
*raise the level cap to 40 or 50 doing so will allow us to grow bigger and enable us to become more powerful.
*add higher tiers to mutations as well as some new mutations.

New Game plus:
*all collectibles will be reset as well as your infamy level
*you start out as a pup and keep all your mutations unlocked however you must level them back up again.
*enemies and activities that dropped mutations in your first playthrough will now either drop one of the forms of currency or skins.
*apex predators will drop skins and boons upon there defeat. boons will be equip-able items that can boost your stats an ex of a boon is Rosie's bow after killing Rosie you get a pink bow that will give you a stat boost when equipped. on the other hand skins are purely cosmetic and just alter the look of your shark.

Hardcore mode:
*no HUD
*enemies will have much more health, deal more damage, and will scale to your level.
*collectibles must be discovered via sonar and will not appear as question marks on your map
*nutrient caches will yield fewer rewards.
*more exp is required to level up your shark and evolving your shark now costs nutrient and minerals.
*apex enemies will slowly regain health if not attacked frequently.
*mutation upgrades will cost significantly more and higher mutation tiers will be locked depending on your sharks growth stage and level.

Misc Gameplay ideas:
*add a compendium that tracks all your stats and unlocks as well as listing all fish species and what regions they can be found in.
*make is so we can rotate our shark when looking at the shark menu.

I think level cap is a big one. I'm not yet done with the game yet already at the cap. I feel like the cap should have been higher, that or allow us to continue gaining stats without actually increasing the level so that it doesn't feel pointless to keep on killing/eating stuff all the time even after all evolutions are maxed.

Reactions: Cdrew99
Upvote 0
The big thing that this seems like it may be missing if what I have read on the end of the game is true, would be post-game activities. It looks like it is just mop-up of stuff you haven't done yet. In some of the RPGs I have played, usually there will be a post game with super bosses, one or two extra super hard areas, and more powerful and specialized gear.

Reactions: Cdrew99
Upvote 0