• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Endgame/new game plus concepts

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
Endgame content:
*make hunt and population control missions replay-able
*allow enemies to scale to your sharks level so they will drop more currency when consumed.
*apex enemies can respawn
*add shark skins that alter the look of your shark for doing various challenges such as
Albino skin: obtained for killing one of each of the albino fish species.
Maneater skin: obtained from eating 1000 humans
Apex of the deep skin: obtained from killing all of the apex predators
*raise the level cap to 40 or 50 doing so will allow us to grow bigger and enable us to become more powerful.
*add higher tiers to mutations as well as some new mutations.

New Game plus:
*all collectibles will be reset as well as your infamy level
*you start out as a pup and keep all your mutations unlocked however you must level them back up again.
*enemies and activities that dropped mutations in your first playthrough will now either drop one of the forms of currency or skins.
*apex predators will drop skins and boons upon there defeat. boons will be equip-able items that can boost your stats an ex of a boon is Rosie's bow after killing Rosie you get a pink bow that will give you a stat boost when equipped. on the other hand skins are purely cosmetic and just alter the look of your shark.

Hardcore mode:
*no HUD
*enemies will have much more health, deal more damage, and will scale to your level.
*collectibles must be discovered via sonar and will not appear as question marks on your map
*nutrient caches will yield fewer rewards.
*more exp is required to level up your shark and evolving your shark now costs nutrient and minerals.
*apex enemies will slowly regain health if not attacked frequently.
*mutation upgrades will cost significantly more and higher mutation tiers will be locked depending on your sharks growth stage and level.

Misc Gameplay ideas:
*add a compendium that tracks all your stats and unlocks as well as listing all fish species and what regions they can be found in.
*make is so we can rotate our shark when looking at the shark menu.

Rezz139

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2020
I think level cap is a big one. I'm not yet done with the game yet already at the cap. I feel like the cap should have been higher, that or allow us to continue gaining stats without actually increasing the level so that it doesn't feel pointless to keep on killing/eating stuff all the time even after all evolutions are maxed.

Reactions: Cdrew99

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
Yeah I agree like at least have a higher level cap so we’re getting some sense of progression even if it can’t make the shark bigger just a higher level cap alone would give us something to keep playing for.

Rezz139

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2020
The big thing that this seems like it may be missing if what I have read on the end of the game is true, would be post-game activities. It looks like it is just mop-up of stuff you haven't done yet. In some of the RPGs I have played, usually there will be a post game with super bosses, one or two extra super hard areas, and more powerful and specialized gear.

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
Yeah for sure this game needs endgame activities because Maneater at its core is a fun game it just needs a solid endgame like big bosses or challenges to grind with good rewards like cosmetic skins for you’re shark And mutations

Reactions: Diablo81SC

TxAxE

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Cdrew99 bro you got any ideas on possible new mutations. bro cause i was thinking about a mutation that allows our shark to have orbiting sharks that seek out enemies and repel projectile damage or something along those lines.

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
Oh yeah I made ideas for new map locations new mutations new apex predators I may Combine those threads into one big thread and repost it sometime since the forums have gotten a lot more active since I originally posted them.

TxAxE

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
Cdrew99 bro there's a member named ShadowOps. He has a idea for map expansion ideas it seems like if you chat with him ya'll might getting enough ideas to improve the game that tripwire have to agree to the ideas 😎

Hai

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2020
I dont think you should get much bigger... you still need to be able to enter the caves and the sewers
they would need to redesign alot for that, so i think its more for something like maneater 2

Shark bait

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2020
Great ideas, I just worry if they do a level cap increase and make enemies harder, it will run into a borderlands issue that makes it more grindy and less fun, as well as enemies having absurd health.

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
But If they raise the level cap alongside dropping a content update with a new map and new enemies it will make it feel not Super grindy because you will be leveling up as you complete objectives and explore a new map. Also the new level cap will increase your sharks max damage output so tanky enemies wouldn’t be an issue.

Reactions: Diablo81SC

Rezz139

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 21, 2020
I think an improvement if they add more evolutions, is honestly to ditch the set bonus/needing to be part of a set factor. That way potentially they could add a lot more unique evolutions that look and function very differently without having to tie them to any particular theme or attributes.

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
I personally don’t mind the set bonuses because having all of one evolution equipped Is meant to cater to a certain playstyle like wearing all the bone evolution is useful when you wanna do max damage to boats. But this game definitely needs more evolutions

Reactions: MrFinn

MrFinn

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 28, 2020
I would like to see a variety of skins, clean shark with no scars, zombie shark with max damage, rainbow shark, croc skin, a color palatte skin where you can add some tint, something goofy like a cow print or tiger stripe (with the color palette since im dreaming)
But all of that is secondary to the real meat of it, the parts of the shark that drastically change the look and play of the whole game. Would love to see some variation on playstyle here, preferably working with what is already in place. I like the lava idea but maybe we could still have the same set bonus as the bone set up with lower defense higher damage, since bone is max defense anyway adding some lava parts wouldnt break the set bonus but give a flat boost to damage output. Simular things for bioelectric with some robot armor parts to raise defense, Add toxic parts to the shadow set for more dot damage at a sacrifice of speed. Just adding more sets would be amazing but allowing even more things to unlock, is super key because of my next point here.
Raids, strikes, whatever we need more things to kill. With new ways to do that the least we need is respawnable bosses. But i dont need all new bosses, exsisting ones are great, maybe a stat boost? Or a special ability that rotates, i just started my second game and found that the apex barracuda had posion effect, how about that on a orca? Or an arena mode in that place thats totally not sea world. One of the best times i had playing this game was running through the gulf just trying to be brave in the blackness flying between 8 hammerheads that i almost outran untill i smacked into a spermwhale and had to fight or die, and then immediately after a 20 minutes of narrow evades and thrashing hammies i run into another spermwhale with three orcas converging on me. If i could get more of that in endgame with some kind of cosmetic reward would keep me interested for a while just for the collection sake but really i would spend most of time in an endless mode with just swarms of bitey things. But also i really miss the chase missions from jaws unleashed, not that i miss not feeling like im fast enough, i miss things running from me, its quite odd to breech onto the nighttime rave and eat somedudes, hangout and dance a little eat some more dudes, its cool no one minds (actually with this example i can assume drugs are a factor, but still emersion breaking on the beach or in a boat, run fools!)
Last point and one i have the least amount of thought put into is endgame rewards. Something cool shows up in my grotto after i kill something big in endgame, a set of jaws or weird stomach contents or a skull or something i can reflect on as suggested by the game when i die. Or fish buddies that live in my cave, something simple like that goes a long way, i would grind for hours, hours i say, for a complete set of blue, purple, red and orange turtles that hang out by the sub. Maybe something completely ridiculous like hats or costume parts so i can dress a shark up like a shark hunter. Seriously, how many whales would i kill for some bikini parts that i put on my shark and take to the beach? All of them, i would eat every single whale in the gulf for something dumb like that. Imagine if it was something realy awesome like that moby dick skin with all the harpoons and ropes.
Thats about it, sorry about the long post, i found out about this game the day it dropped and i have basically been living off of it since. Honestly one of the most satisfying engaging games ive played in a long time. Great work Tripwire!

Cdrew99

May 15, 2020
Maryland
These are all solid ideas I’m so eager to see what tripwire does with Maneater post launch there sitting on a gold mine of potential I just hope they can capitalize on it

Reactions: MrFinn