• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

E3, Steam machines and KF2 next week!

E3 is not the place for PC gaming.

E3 is just the place where big console publishers go and advertise their casual, dumbed down, overhyped, overfunded, overpriced, bug-ridden, DLC-ridden, interactive movies.

So much truth here, the "interactive movies" part sums up what games are becoming. I did not put a lot of money into a computer to "play" movies.

On topic though, it is about time for some more KF2 news... TW?... helloooo?.....

Upvote 0
lol so much hate... :eek:

Just stating what I see in the mainstream sector of the industry.

Most of the interesting stuff is either in lower profile events, or in no events at all. Big publishers just use their focus groups to produce a clone of other successful cookie cutter AAA games, thats why most of the actual innovation comes from independent studios. The only new things big publishers can come up with, are new ways of stealing your wallet.

Upvote 0
Press e fast to open the door fast !
Press e to tap that sheep !
Press e and b happy !

I remember when game company wanted to innovate !

Sorry i will talk about something i miss about a Ubi Red storm game !
Rainbow Six 3 Raven shield Out in 2003-2004!
Interaction whit doors !
U ad a way to open the doors just a little using the mouse well ! U ad the choice to blow it up using opening charge ! Or tell the AI what u wanted them to do after they open it !

At this time in gaming i was thinking o wow i wonder how it will feel in 10 years !@ damn i was a lil wrong !
**** i miss those Little attention to detail !
I miss the feel that every new game ad something new and refreshing to it.
Its certainly not a money issue! thx !

Upvote 0
Press e fast to open the door fast !
Press e to tap that sheep !
Press e and b happy !

I remember when game company wanted to innovate !

Sorry i will talk about something i miss about a Ubi Red storm game !
Rainbow Six 3 Raven shield Out in 2003-2004!
Interaction whit doors !
U ad a way to open the doors just a little using the mouse well ! U ad the choice to blow it up using opening charge ! Or tell the AI what u wanted them to do after they open it !

At this time in gaming i was thinking o wow i wonder how it will feel in 10 years !@ damn i was a lil wrong !
**** i miss those Little attention to detail !
I miss the feel that every new game ad something new and refreshing to it.
Its certainly not a money issue! thx !

What is a English and how do taste it?

Upvote 0
Yep, these days it's all about squeezing as much money out of you as they can while giving you the least amount of content as possible.

I was proud of TWI not doing that and used to praise them for it till they started pumping out DLCs and raising the price on them.

Granted, getting new characters was nice (though personally I didn't like most of them), but the new weapons packs were pure ****, IMO. The Seeker Six for example: The alt fire launches the entire clip of rockets yet you kill less than you would with a single grenade from the M32 and yes, I do own it so I have tried it. On hard, when I used it on a group of about 6 zeds, I was lucky if it killed the 2 clots in the group. Where as 1 grenade from the M32 would kill the whole group: clots, gorefasts and husk.

I still don't understand why the Bile Blower doesn't spray medic gel. That would be much cooler than what it actually does, at least, that's my opinion. I'd much rather heal my teammates by spraying them with goo than trying to be a battle medic with a weapon that runs out of ammo 3mins into the wave.

I'll probably get a lot of hate for saying so but in the end I tested every single DLC weapon and compared them with the base game weapons and just was not at all satisfied with them. If I could have gotten a refund, I would have. Sure, people will say you're supporting the devs but I see it as encouraging them to shovel more **** at us. I'd gladly pay for good content priced reasonably.

Last edited:
Upvote 0