• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Dragon & Koi/Steampunk Skins = Blue Screen PS4

Sarcy

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2018
In short if I try and equip these weapon customisations the game crashes

I really hope this can be solved because a/ I paid for the D&K ones and b/ the skins are among my favourites but are worthless if they keep bugging out

For the benefit of the bug report they cause a crash every time I try whether it is 1 skin or all of them

When does the crash occur? Does it occur on the inventory menu when equipping or when you load into a solo or multiplayer map? What steps if any have you tried to troubleshoot this?

We recommend starting here:
https://support.killingfloor2.com/en/playstation-4-knowledgebase/article/rebuild-ps4-database and

Upvote 0
Pardon my tardiness, been away for a little while.
The crash occurs if I try and start a match.

EDIT: After some 'extensive testing' [equipping one, starting a game and nading myself] I have narrowed it down to 2 skins which cause crashes and they are; Zweihander Steampunk Precious & 9mm Dragon & Koi. Hopefully whatever is wrong with these can be addressed as I'd like to pick up future skins but will hold off until I know they function properly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Pardon my tardiness, been away for a little while.
The crash occurs if I try and start a match.

EDIT: After some 'extensive testing' [equipping one, starting a game and nading myself] I have narrowed it down to 2 skins which cause crashes and they are; Zweihander Steampunk Precious & 9mm Dragon & Koi. Hopefully whatever is wrong with these can be addressed as I'd like to pick up future skins but will hold off until I know they function properly.
What were the results from attempting the suggestions above?

Upvote 0
As far as I'm aware I never had any of the issues "fixed" by the update.

I am on the game now and will endeavour to see if any combination of skins from the 3 previously mentioned function, my results will follow shortly.

EDIT: Helios = Crash, Zweihander = Crash, 9mm = Crash - in short, the skins are still unusable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even after yuletide horrors update i have this same issue, after equipping new skins game would crash if i scroll over perk tab in menu or join a match, seems like it happens with many new skins when i have a lot of skins equipped. I found a solution of some kind by unequipping everything and then equipping skins 1 at a time, and going past the perk tab to see if game crashes. I equipped skins until the game crashed and then no matter which skin i would equip the game would crash, so i believe its not any specific skin causing it, just having too much equipped at once seems to be the problem, atleast for me. The solution for me was to just unequip all knife skins and skins for weapons that i never use (crossbow and l852a for example) so i was under the crash limit. Hoping for a fix since one of my favourite things in the game is collecting skins and being able to actually use them.

Upvote 0
Even after yuletide horrors update i have this same issue, after equipping new skins game would crash if i scroll over perk tab in menu or join a match, seems like it happens with many new skins when i have a lot of skins equipped. I found a solution of some kind by unequipping everything and then equipping skins 1 at a time, and going past the perk tab to see if game crashes. I equipped skins until the game crashed and then no matter which skin i would equip the game would crash, so i believe its not any specific skin causing it, just having too much equipped at once seems to be the problem, atleast for me. The solution for me was to just unequip all knife skins and skins for weapons that i never use (crossbow and l852a for example) so i was under the crash limit. Hoping for a fix since one of my favourite things in the game is collecting skins and being able to actually use them.
That's actually something I've wondered about myself. About how many cosmetics do you own? And about how many can you equip until a crash occurs? Which specific console are you using?

Upvote 0
Apologies for delay responding but I finally have an update!?!

So;
- I reinstalled the game
- unequipped EVERYTHING
- loaded a game [to update save]
- then put all skins back on which had previously caused issues 1 by 1
- then added ALL the remaining skins I have MINUS the knives because tbh i rarely use them so whilst I have stuff for them I'm not that fussed about using them or not

End result? ALL aforementioned skins now work which leads me to believe it is a limit as opposed to the skins themselves being at fault HOWEVER I have one wrinkle to add.
When I was trying to use the Zweihander Steampunk and 9mm D&K previously I was swapping to those skins whereas the Helios Vosh was in addition to my previously equipped list so while there does seem to be a limit I'd not definitively say that is the core issue.

On a sidenote, I have over 300 weapon skins so looking through to equip/switch certainly took some time BUT if this helps lead to a fix then it has been worthwhile

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
Pardon my double-post but in this case it is preferable to an edit.

It would seem the limit [should one exist] is about 70 skins - I currently have 63 equipped and the game works, believe friend counted 67 last night that he has equipped and he has never had an issue

I shall endeavour to confirm an exact number but I hope this info helps - sidenote the error code, for what it's worth, on PS4 was CE-34878-0

Upvote 0
UPDATE- appears this is no longer an issue as I now have a skin equipped to practically every weapon. Not sure if this was documented in the update but seeing how the problem has gone I invite a moderator to close this and any other similar topic.

Thank you for resolving this and for continuing to improve the QoL in general.

Upvote 0