• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dragging Soldiers.

So to sum it up.

- Great thing for countdown (or CA maps)
- Shoving or supporting at jog speed
- Activate ("need help") auto or manual
- Teamwork points

I don't see how RO2 would be too fast-paced when you also have the time for bandaging, changing barrels, attach bayonet, reloading G41 etc.
Especially with the shove function it would take a split-second

Also there is a mechanic in the game (like in ROOST) where a shot in the foot does not mean immediately combat ineffective (that would be instagib), so I have no idea why that argument still holds...

Upvote 0
maybe in a mod:confused:

This really.

A lot of people have commented on how this is cool in the Arma series, and not without reason, as the way most people play Arma is players-vs-AI coop, on huge maps, and this feature really does fit into that style of play nicely.

Not so much the RO style of play however..

But if anyone wanted to make it, then you could create that style of play in RO2, UE3 does support huge maps (not quite Arma scale, but for infantry only, you could have maps that takes as long to play), and RO2 will have usable AI and a coop style gametype to code from, so yeah, it really could be done, and then, dragging would also be usefull.

Show me a RO2 modded gametype like that, and i'd be happy, and happy to see dragging in it too! ;)

Upvote 0
A lot of people have commented on how this is cool in the Arma series, and not without reason, as the way most people play Arma is players-vs-AI coop, on huge maps, and this feature really does fit into that style of play nicely.

Agreed, although in PvP matches, you can count on an enemy squad to make heroic efforts to save the guy you just wounded, so you can usually get a few more kills as they try to save him. :D

Upvote 0
dragging wounded soldiers feature won't work in RO2 because:
- soldier being hit in legs still can run/walk
- wounded soldier is still conscious and can fight till dead
- soldier can fix himself w/o lifesaver/medic assistance
- soldier cannot bandage other soldier

That feature could be seen in new BF3 teaser* and seems to be "cool", but don't forget, that you can fully heal dead soldier using defibrillator, which isn't realistic. In RO soldier after dead...well is dead. You don't have to put him in bodybad like in ArmA 2 ;)

That feature works perfectly in ArmA 2 game, but doesn't fit to RO2 gameplay.

*) however it might be a fully scripted animation only, part of linear single player campaign

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even then, you're not going to heal the soldier back to fine health if he got shot in the chest. Any either way, he's going to go to the hospital for a year, and then be disabled for the rest of his life. There's no point for healing in a game of Red Orchestra other else than minute wounds.

Actually, since this game is about Stalingrad, you can pretty much forget about any hospitals for the Germans later on, and i'm not even sure the Russians would be that lucky either, i somewhat doubt they had great medivac going on in all that chaos.

Beeing badly wounded in Stalingrad was probably a death sentance for most people involved, and certainly for the Germans after the encirclement.

Upvote 0