• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Dragging Soldiers.

LugNut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2011
Increase the respawn times dramatically and dragging and saving a teammate would become much more viable and valuable. I think it's great in ARMA, pushing the enemy back to gain a few clear seconds, then sprinting out and dragging your buddy to safety is pretty cool. :)

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
I myself kinda like this idea. But to make thing faster, make shoving possible. Shoving your comrades into cover. Perfect for officers dealing with disobeying/Leeroy Jenkins type soldiers.
People would be doing it all the time though.

Actin

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2009
Netherlands
So to sum it up.

- Great thing for countdown (or CA maps)
- Shoving or supporting at jog speed
- Activate ("need help") auto or manual
- Teamwork points

I don't see how RO2 would be too fast-paced when you also have the time for bandaging, changing barrels, attach bayonet, reloading G41 etc.
Especially with the shove function it would take a split-second

Also there is a mechanic in the game (like in ROOST) where a shot in the foot does not mean immediately combat ineffective (that would be instagib), so I have no idea why that argument still holds...

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
Also there is a mechanic in the game (like in ROOST) where a shot in the foot does not mean immediately combat ineffective (that would be instagib), so I have no idea why that argument still holds...
This is why. If you

Otto Fuhrmann

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 13, 2010
Rep. of Ireland
I think that would just get abused really.. Everyone would be dragging people around the battlefield just for the kicks of it... Well, That's what I think would happen.

<animal>INSTINCT

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 20, 2007
Running into a mushroom cloud
If there was going to be a medic class in HoS, this would be great. But there won't be, so dragging is a moot point. If your avatar is incapable of moving due to a wound, he's already combat ineffective, which in RO means you're dead

RedGuardist

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 14, 2006
Why not?
Is the 'shot in the leg so i can't move' removed in HoS?
If so, I would get your point.
Well, I sincerely hope that they have addressed that matter, since it was sometimes maybe hilarious, but often just irritating as hell. And first of all very unrealistic.

I

NoxNoctum

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 15, 2007
Naw I'd rather run around the back side of the map and kill a bunch of baddies with my bolt from the edge of the map than help a wounded comrade. But hey, maybe that's just me.

Reactions: Otto Fuhrmann

jinnwarior

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 28, 2011
To be honest I don't think it will be worth the hassle of implementing. How would you feel if you got shot in the foot and then had someone drag you a different way? It could be misused too much, shoot a friendly in the foot and then abduct him.
"get that guy, hes running away with our soldiers!":D

Reactions: PRAPOR

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
maybe in a mod:confused:
This really.

A lot of people have commented on how this is cool in the Arma series, and not without reason, as the way most people play Arma is players-vs-AI coop, on huge maps, and this feature really does fit into that style of play nicely.

Not so much the RO style of play however..

But if anyone wanted to make it, then you could create that style of play in RO2, UE3 does support huge maps (not quite Arma scale, but for infantry only, you could have maps that takes as long to play), and RO2 will have usable AI and a coop style gametype to code from, so yeah, it really could be done, and then, dragging would also be usefull.

Show me a RO2 modded gametype like that, and i'd be happy, and happy to see dragging in it too! ;)

LugNut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 12, 2011
A lot of people have commented on how this is cool in the Arma series, and not without reason, as the way most people play Arma is players-vs-AI coop, on huge maps, and this feature really does fit into that style of play nicely.
Agreed, although in PvP matches, you can count on an enemy squad to make heroic efforts to save the guy you just wounded, so you can usually get a few more kills as they try to save him. :D

Apos

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
dragging wounded soldiers feature won't work in RO2 because:
- soldier being hit in legs still can run/walk
- wounded soldier is still conscious and can fight till dead
- soldier can fix himself w/o lifesaver/medic assistance
- soldier cannot bandage other soldier

That feature could be seen in new BF3 teaser* and seems to be "cool", but don't forget, that you can fully heal dead soldier using defibrillator, which isn't realistic. In RO soldier after dead...well is dead. You don't have to put him in bodybad like in ArmA 2 ;)

That feature works perfectly in ArmA 2 game, but doesn't fit to RO2 gameplay.

*) however it might be a fully scripted animation only, part of linear single player campaign

Last edited:

WiFiDi

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 12, 2010
bf3 will have this feuture in single player atleast so wait for that. but ro2 is to fast paced. also theres medic class if there was this idea be cool. :D

i give you :IS2: to make you feel better.

Cookieeater

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
Even then, you're not going to heal the soldier back to fine health if he got shot in the chest. Any either way, he's going to go to the hospital for a year, and then be disabled for the rest of his life. There's no point for healing in a game of Red Orchestra other else than minute wounds.

Grobut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
Even then, you're not going to heal the soldier back to fine health if he got shot in the chest. Any either way, he's going to go to the hospital for a year, and then be disabled for the rest of his life. There's no point for healing in a game of Red Orchestra other else than minute wounds.
Actually, since this game is about Stalingrad, you can pretty much forget about any hospitals for the Germans later on, and i'm not even sure the Russians would be that lucky either, i somewhat doubt they had great medivac going on in all that chaos.

Beeing badly wounded in Stalingrad was probably a death sentance for most people involved, and certainly for the Germans after the encirclement.