• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

don't screw this up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

utek

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
...like you did with RO2 with all this weapon unlock/rare prototype/level up bonuses bull**** :rolleyes: (but keep the visual character progression :cool:)

and for the love of god,dont split the community with different game modes,...

one game mode only,no realism no classic and no action mode,just one proper Red Orhestra/Rising Storm game mode. :):):)

I hope there's no unlocks and leveling, but I'd be shocked if there wasn't. It's what most gamers want. Same with the current style of play, I'd love a return to a slower paced, deadlier environment. Since it's RS2 though, I'm betting on more of the same except with everyone armed with semis and full autos. Noobtubes FTW!

Upvote 0
...like you did with RO2 with all this weapon unlock/rare prototype/level up bonuses bull**** :rolleyes: (but keep the visual character progression :cool:)

and for the love of god,dont split the community with different game modes,...

one game mode only,no realism no classic and no action mode,just one proper Red Orhestra/Rising Storm game mode. :):):)

Absolutely bang on target !!

Go for the community, not the money!! The money will come if the community is happy.

Upvote 0
My kind of thread. Seriously.
This puts me back to 2008 when the first footage from Gamescom 2008 hit the web about RO2. Damn what a graphical blast, fresh UE3, fantastic animations and this line "... the most realistic WWII FPS experience ever!" echoed in my inner ears for years to come.

Especially the RO2 release trailer with its many poses, the Soviet infantry tumbling under mortar fire, the face animations. Just wow!

Seeing tank gameplay with the first person body active, I was stunned: AWESOME! RO2 got that stuff too, the stuff that CoD was missing all the time.

And BAAMMM! The release was missing nearly all the cool features shown in the trailer.

Upon release it was buggy as hell, week one was me downloading the game already 3-4 times size wise. By the end of 2011, I estimate I have downloaded 50-60GB of RO2 patches.

When looking at the trailers animations such as grabbing their helmets I get a bad feeling in my stomach. Real bad.

The other things have already been mentioned: NO unlocks!

Upvote 0
For all the fans of RS as it is now, changing the gameplay would be screwing it up, so expect the same for RS2. New theater, maybe some new toys, but essentially, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't an infantry based shooter just as it is currently.

Why would they want to make it even more niche? They've got bills to pay.

Upvote 0
I would like an RO1 style game myself. But, that won't happen. If they go with one difficulty mode it would probably be the "relaxed realism" mode or whatever they called it in RO2.
There's alot of things I'd be excited to see, but like you, I'm not holding my breath. Us old-timers have been ignored too much to really hold out for TWI to break their RO2/RS style. The fact that this is RS2 tells us it will probably follow in nearly the same style. So we can likely expect eagle-eye ironsight zoom, an unnecessary unlocks system, game difficulty modes that divide the community, and the run and gun style of RO2/RS.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong. I really really do. There seem to be glimmers of hope in the KF2 developer logs that TWI might recognize that it made mistakes with its past games in disappointing its loyal fans. Let's hope us cynics are all wrong and they make a game that sticks to its roots in realism and historical accuracy.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.