• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does anyone even play RO anymore?

imo the 50 player servers killed whats left of ro....offen it comes to the defenders that wins or reinforcements and not to mention granadespam with high numbers. What would be good is if we could have a few active 32 player servers and people stop playing on the 50 player servers :)

When i up my server to 32 gonna try populate it as it's gonna be used for the campaign also....that would bring better gameplay

Upvote 0
Not many Servers are full but you will find always one.

Also i think the massiv usage of custom stuff that you have to download 5 times because they changed a texture destroyed the multiplayer abit. Not many server admins know how to install custom stuff so you can download it fast......

Reactions: Stormer
Upvote 0

Also i think the massiv usage of custom stuff that you have to download 5 times because they changed a texture destroyed the multiplayer abit. Not many server admins know how to install custom stuff so you can download it fast......

Spot on.

I hope this is something that's avoided - or at least dealt with a lot better - in RO2. I'd hate to see the MP community fragmented at the outset, as the game is clearly going to be fantastic with 20+ people.

Upvote 0

Also i think the massive usage of custom stuff that you have to download 5 times because they changed a texture destroyed the multiplayer abit. Not many server admins know how to install custom stuff so you can download it fast......

You need to change the purgecache setting in your redorchestra.ini file to "0" so you are not re-downloading the same custom maps. I think the default is 30 days and if you don't play the map in that time period, it is erased from your hard drive.

Upvote 0

Any server admin worth his salt knows how to re-direct. If the server doesn't have a fast redirect, don't go there. I assure you no-one else does. The problem often occurs when a mappers makes changes to certain files and fails to rename them and then includes files of same name (but different content) in other maps. Then too there are the mappers that love to make 10 beta versions of the same map with little or no change (Killing Floor anyone?:rolleyes:).

And as Mr Moe says, your cache may be purging itself.

Having custom maps in RO does not fragment the community. Different mods might have some fragmentation affect (Darkest Hour, Mare Norsturm for example) but certainly not custom maps.

Upvote 0
If I can't get into the TWB 50 player EU or EU II servers I'm stuck w/ 24/7 danzig, 24/7 arad_realforests5 or some 1 shot 1 kill sniping server :(

Same.

The Danzig is the only one I would play of those choices.

I used to love Danzig... not so much anymore

TWB is a pain to join since you have to download a ton of garbage no one notices anyways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quite a few friends and myself play RO still.. we usually all go into one server.. either split our group in half on both teams.. or all of us will join one team and work together using strategies. Quite fun, and it makes RO a bit more satisfying than it already is. You should definitely stop by.. and anyone else interested in group gameplay should also..

Here is our ventrilo information:
Click Here

Upvote 0