• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Do you like free-aim when using iron sights?

Do you like free-aim when using iron sights?

• Yes

Votes: 114 84.4%
  • No

Votes: 21 15.6%

• Total voters
i can't vote cause i'm not sure what the term "free aim" means. if it's not having a cross-hair in the middle of the screen, then i'm fine with that. i like having to use iron sights to score a precision hit. but what's this "free aim in iron sights"? :confused:

It means that when you move your mouse, your weapon's position relative to the screen changes (ie, it doesn't stay in the center).

Upvote 0
It means that when you move your mouse, your weapon's position relative to the screen changes (ie, it doesn't stay in the center).

oh so you mean the front sights come off balance with the rear sights? so the weapon kinda sways a bit until you realign them (take aim)? yeah, i like that. gives me a realistic feel to it.

edit: wait, i gotta try it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
well, i never noticed it before (or it might've been buried in my subconsciousness) so a minute ago i jumped into a stress-free environment to see what happens and i have absolutely no problem with it. the weapon being off-center when you move it. i don't know what the big deal is, you still have to aim.

so, my answer to the poll-question is yes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'm with bifutake, i really don't understand free aim too well. i saw a video description a while back but forgot about it. :eek:
what i do know, is that i'm perfectly fine with how my rifles aim and would not want them to change. i can't comment on wether to have a button to disable it, cause i don't understand what benefits it might give to the people who shut it off.
p.s. i chose not to vote. i'm not qualified. now if the vote was "are you happy with the way the guns aim", i'd have voted yes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0