• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Dissapointed with Husks

Svetloste

Jul 25, 2009
honestly i though this thing was meant to be a new high tier enemy, and not one i can put away with a point blank shotgun blast... I mean if your going to give it range so it can reach out and touch glitchers, then you may want to give it some backbone. It should be like a scrake with a flame thrower.

Say that again when you're almost out of ammo in farm, the only one left and 2 of those basterds are within a small group of trashzeds + 1 or 2 or 3 sirens in farm.
What used to be easily doable leaves you now constantly running away while consecutively getting fried.
They may not take many hits but if you let them shoot their stuff, they can absolutely destroy your team because they obstruct your vision with flames and the screenshake.

Now if THOSE things took as many hits as a scrake...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
honestly i though this thing was meant to be a new high tier enemy, and not one i can put away with a point blank shotgun blast... I mean if your going to give it range so it can reach out and touch glitchers, then you may want to give it some backbone. It should be like a scrake with a flame thrower.

What rock did you crawl out from under exactly?

Husks are awesome. I was expecting a high tier enemy too and was pleasantly surprised when some bastard shot me with a ball of Flame on the 2nd wave. Sorry but i'd rather a weaker foe that actually makes an impact by being an absolute bastard if you don't kill it asap (TOP priority for Sharpshooters now) than some new enemy you don't see much of. Especially as a top tier foe it'd need tons of hp or more damage, pretty much guaranteeing it'd be overpowered.

And yeah... 1 point blank shotgun blast, you are aware that while your getting in range it will of shot you at least once... pretty much fulfilling its job as a ranged damage dealer. And on Suicidal, that 1 shot HURTS.

Upvote 0
Thought they would be the new super-heavy specimen too...and I'm pleased with how they add to the challenge of the game, weak as they are.

They ruin a Berzerker's day. You take substantial damage from the fire even with damage reduction...and when you're already in combat, taking hits, dealing with screen shake and blood splatters...that 30 to 50 hp damage shot will end you.

Upvote 0
when you're getting puked on, screamed at, nipped at by crawlers, about to get attacked by a raging FP or Scrake, and THEN you get put on fire by some husk you couldn't even see, are burning alive and lose 50% of your health, i think you'll realize that

Husks are BAMFS :eek:

(google if you don't know what it stands for)

not to mention being disemboweled by gorefasts and clots.

horzine really knew what they were doing lol

Upvote 0
They ruin a Berzerker's day. You take substantial damage from the fire even with damage reduction...and when you're already in combat, taking hits, dealing with screen shake and blood splatters...that 30 to 50 hp damage shot will end you.

Zerker urgently needs fire resistance and/or a much greater damage resistance. His weapons have already been nerfed but the Husk was just the last nail in the coffin. He has no defence against the long range fireball and the extra screen shake is likely to get you hurt even more.

Upvote 0
He has no defence against the long range fireball and the extra screen shake is likely to get you hurt even more.
A berserker can easily dodge the Husk's fireball, even at close range. Also, the Husk can be easily stunned with a power strike of any of the beserker's melee weapon (or just the W+M1 of the Katana), just like the Scrake. The berserker is more than well-equipped enough to deal with these guys.

I like Husks since Firebugs have a natural immunity to the fire damage, hence Firebugs actually have some mild utility these days. Any benefit in the name of Firebugs is a benefit towards balancing all of the perks as a whole, in my opinion.

Upvote 0
yh i was pretty disapointed, i was expecting some kind of long range flesh pound with a lil more health. then again this is more than likely down to the terrifying dream i had prior to this update (true story no BS here!) in which i was in biotec and that door that always locked upoened up i went in side, sirens went off and little timer said initiating 75% and so on anjd it was red room with test tubes and the huisk was there wired up to a computer then it wakes up roars like patty then wlks up to me throws me into the halfway then blows everthing up with full auto grenade rounds.......scary *** stuff. this aside i hope the husk is made tougher as when i saw it in promo screenshots ect i imagined it would be a really tough coockie to crack, almost like a mini boss (to counter the new top tier weapons) but now when im playing with my freinds well be like "HUUUSKKKK!"......then it just dies like that i mean we still fear it cus its new and it flames us but its just a bit disapointing when you mow him down like you would a gorefast amongst a mob of clots, i was hopeing for a scary *** specemin that would make all of us shout "**** husk!!!" and run off wildly shooting and heading for cover.

Upvote 0
I have to disagree with OP.
Quite a tough enemy for the second wave. Takes an AK mag to go down from a medium distance and can create chaos in a well organized team. And.. you can't really run from them.
I would say that they're a good addition to the game, as they make the second wave already quite intense.

Yeah, they DO take some firepower and the big issue is that they hit on WAVE 2, when you may not exactly have the firepower to deal with 'em. If you're stuck trying to down one with the 9mm, you're in for some SERIOUS pain....

Upvote 0
A berserker can easily dodge the Husk's fireball, even at close range. Also, the Husk can be easily stunned with a power strike of any of the beserker's melee weapon (or just the W+M1 of the Katana), just like the Scrake. The berserker is more than well-equipped enough to deal with these guys.

I like Husks since Firebugs have a natural immunity to the fire damage, hence Firebugs actually have some mild utility these days. Any benefit in the name of Firebugs is a benefit towards balancing all of the perks as a whole, in my opinion.

Then i guess i'm doing something wrong, he seems to be aiming it at my feet causing it to hit me no matter what the hell i do most the time.

Sadly Firebugs gain no utility... as you may have noticed, Husks also have immunity to fire, meaning the Firebug can't do jack **** in reality. Other than attempt to block the shot which isn't the most reliable... or useful thing a perk should be doing.

Upvote 0
Then i guess i'm doing something wrong, he seems to be aiming it at my feet causing it to hit me no matter what the hell i do most the time.

Sadly Firebugs gain no utility... as you may have noticed, Husks also have immunity to fire, meaning the Firebug can't do jack **** in reality. Other than attempt to block the shot which isn't the most reliable... or useful thing a perk should be doing.

They aren't immune to it. Resistant, yes. Immune, no. In fact, there's an achivement for a Firebug killing the Husk with a Flamethrower before it hurts the team!

Upvote 0
honestly i though this thing was meant to be a new high tier enemy, and not one i can put away with a point blank shotgun blast...
So many criticisms of enemies come from people who consider only the part and not the whole.
The game is practically a variation on paper/rock/scissors. While a shotgun could put away a Husk at close range... the question is "Are you always in a position where you can easily blow away a Husk at short range?" and the answer is clearly NO - as someone else also pointed out.

This criticism is just a failure of the imagination. Many times the Husk turns up 30 metres away, while you're busy dealing with a screamer, and 10 or 11 other zombies. He's too far away and there are too many zombies in the way, to get away with "point blank shotgun blast".

So, yes, of course you can put away a Husk with a shotgun blast - the interesting part, the part which makes the game good and the Husk a challenging foe, is how you get yourself into position to blast him away. And how much damage will you take in getting there. You might need, dare I say it, "teamwork".

Last edited:
Upvote 0