• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Discovered an issue with administrating linux server

I had a game that was full 6/6 players. Wanted to join as a spectator, but I had forgot to setup spectator slots for this particular server. Didn't want to ruin their game so I logged into web admin and entered the following command in the console.

set gameinfo maxspectators 2

This gave me 2 spectator slots without having to restart the server... wrong.

Anytime a new played joined the server they couldn't select a perk. This happened during the current game and every game there-after. I had to manually restart the server in order to correct the issue.

Everyone has problems with their web managed Linux server or site at one time or another. Learning where to look when you come across a problem and which components are the likely culprits will help you fix these problems quickly with less frustration.
here more in depth to check out the list
  • Is your web server installed?
  • Is the web server running?
  • Is the syntax of your web server configuration files correct?
  • Are the ports you configured open (not blocked by a firewall)?
  • Are your DNS settings directing you to the correct place?
  • Does the document root point to the location of your files?
  • Is your web server serving the correct index files?
  • Are the permissions and ownership of the file and directory structures correct?
  • Are you restricting access through your configuration files?
  • If you have a database backend, is it running?
  • Can your site connect to the database successfully?
  • Is your web server configured to pass dynamic content to a script processor?

Upvote 0