• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated Server online?

Yep. All you need to do is download the files through steamcmd and set it up. You will need to forward/allow ports so people can access your server. Most guides for red orchestra 2 should work. You will just need to change the map names and the executable. I recommend using the web admin port for fine tuning of your settings.

I would type up a complete guide, but I am lazy.

Upvote 0
Try to tart the server with Steam not open (Like reboot, do not start steam or the game, and start the server only wait and check the server log). What happens?

edit: and your start line is not good:

Code:
start .\Binaries\win64\vngame vnte-hill937?port=xxxx?maxplayers=32?adminpassword=xxxx -multihome=xx.xxx.xxx.xx -log=MyServerLog.log

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have tried all different combinations of cmndline. Anyone know what this error means?

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Link edited for better pic

Windows server 2008 R2.

ERROR MESSAGE:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I have uninstalled Visual C++ and reinstalled it. Still same message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, those are annoying things with VC++ Redist dlls. You can use Dependency Walker utility (google it) to see dll problems with a certain program (vngame.exe in this case). I assume there will be more dll errors than that one it shows first. Downloading dlls separately is rarely a good idea, and is recommended only when a single rare dll is missing.

I would first try updating Windows (maybe several times) and rebooting in between. That can solve VC++ Redist dll problems.

Upvote 0