• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Release Declutter My HUD

Do you mean in workshop, or server? I just made a quick server test and both worked as they should. When used in a server-start command-line, this argument should be added:
?mutator=DeclutterMyHud.DeclutterMyHud,ShutUp.ShutUp

Oh good, I will be adding both of these days. Won't be active until tomorrow morning as I need to stop the server to edit the command line.

Upvote 0
I have just added this to our command line and will have our guys test it out starting tomorrow when I do a server restart. Our server information can be found in my signature. I hope the guys enjoy it. Would be nice to give players some flexibility.

Great! I'll add your server to the list! Don't forget to tell your guys to configure it through the workshop. If, for the first time they get it, they get it through the server, the mutator will automatically configure to have no effect.

Upvote 0
Great! I'll add your server to the list! Don't forget to tell your guys to configure it through the workshop. If, for the first time they get it, they get it through the server, the mutator will automatically configure to have no effect.

Hang a second, are you saying that unless people go into the workshop the mutator will do nothing? How can I set it up so its the total opposite ?

I would rather people go into Workshop to turn off the mutator.

Also it always struck me as weird how the settings for this were in the Steam Workshop area and not along side all the other setting for the game. Is this a design issue? It seems more logical to have the settings in the main menu area.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hang a second, are you saying that unless people go into the workshop the mutator will do nothing?

It's just a matter of where they encounter it first.

If the first time they meet the mutator is on the Workshop, the mutator will be configured to have an effect by default, and the user can modify those settings through the Workshop interface or in the config file.

If the first time they meet the mutator is on a server, the mutator will be configured to have no effect. However, the user can modify the auto-generated client config file manually. The other option is to subscribe to the Workshop item to get access to the Workshop configuration menu.

How can I set it up so its the total opposite ?

You can't. It's like this by design, to ensure white-listing by TWI. I *could* however, in the future, add a mode where the server could force some default settings on new clients. However, I would probably have to unrank the server in the code. Otherwise I fear the mutator would not be white-listed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0