• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Decided to play again...

and my FPS on high was 30 to 60 FPS
Ultra = 10 to 40 fps

Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
4 Gigs RAM
GTX 470.

I am pretty fed up right now. Has there been any improvements for you guys?

I'm running the Q9550 and it overclocks well. You'll get a good boost if you overclock to 3.8Ghz which is what mine runs at and is stable. I realise not every body likes to OC but just a thought.

The game still needs lots of optimising and each patch has made things worse for me performance wise. I'm sure TW will get there though.

Upvote 0
Haha, wow.

It was only a matter of time before someone pulled out this uninformed argument.

It's what I've always been told. With 30+ fps, I've always been able to run every single game smoothly. Maybe someone has a different experience, I haven't.

Not trying to start anything, and I might be wrong. But IMO, OP's fps on High are playable.

Reactions: teapot156
Upvote 0
Dude, movies have 24 fps (25 in the USA, if I'm not mistaken) because the human eye does not detect the frames over that ammount. Which is what makes having 40 fps, or 60 fps pretty much the same.

Umm... Wow.

Movies 'get by' with 24fps because films have lot of blur in them, which helps your brain makeup for all the missing motions.

This post is just so close to trolling, I'm not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic.

Problem with 30 ~ 60 fps is the fluctuation. A game will appear much more smooth if it's locked at 40fps, than jumping between 60 and 40. With a jump as big as 30 to 60, the change in fps will be very awkward to deal with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Umm... Wow.

Movies 'get by' with 24fps because films have lot of blur in them, which helps your brain makeup for all the missing motions.

This post is just so close to trolling, I'm not sure if you were being serious or sarcastic.

Problem with 30 ~ 60 fps is the fluctuation. A game will appear much more smooth if it's locked at 40fps, than jumping between 60 and 40. With a jump as big as 30 to 60, the change in fps will be very awkward to deal with.

Damn, I'm sorry I posted it then, I'll even remove it if you want. Everything someone does arround here seems to be trolling I guess. I've been misinformed then, jesus it's the second post today in which it seem to be trolling, I need to cool down. :rolleyes:

Reactions: PermenentMarker
Upvote 0
It's a good enough machine, but not the latest over-clocked monster.

You have to choose between a great frame-rate with a few graphical compromises, or fulfilling your obsession with playing with everything set to 'ultra'.

I know it's more unfinished optimisation in the case of this game, but what would be wrong with releasing a game that can't be maxed out on current hardware?

Upvote 0
and my FPS on high was 30 to 60 FPS
Ultra = 10 to 40 fps

Q9550 @ 2.83Ghz
4 Gigs RAM
GTX 470.

I am pretty fed up right now. Has there been any improvements for you guys?

Try the following custom settings.

1920x1080
Ultra everything besides shadows that go to low.
NO AA
NO BLOOM
NO BLUR

Game looks great like that, I run it between 40 and 65 fps... but its mostly in the stable 50s.

my specs are

Phenom 965
Old AM2+ mobo
4gigs ram DDR2-800
GTX260 with Nvidia drivers 275 I think.

My cpu is just a little better as your 9550 is the high end of Core2Q
lower MHZ but you push more instructions per clock with that 12MB l2cash

Your videocard destroys mine...

You should push better FPS then me... just try my settings.

You can try downgrading your drivers to 275.33
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Those drivers work flawlessly for my gtx260

I also think people who have not formatted in a long time and have upgraded rigs should run this and reinstall their drivers
http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/

For example people who had a Radeon 4670 then got a GTX560Ti and simply uninstalled the AMD Catastrophic Control Center. Well, Uninstall is never 100%...

Good luck :)

Upvote 0