• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(Dead) - this is not a comment on the game

Stukadriver

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 14, 2011
Maine
I know this is another question that vets will roll their eyes at, but I was wondering why, at the end of a session or battle, when the summaries are posted which show contributing points and kills, etc., many of the players' names have (dead) next to their names. Also...the "ping" that shows on the multi-player server listing...is that the server's average ping rate and how does that relate to the ping rate that you see in the after-game summary?
Thanks.

When "(dead)" is behind their names, it means that this player is dead at the round end. Just press F1 during the round and you will see that "(dead)" is written behind some players. That means those players are currently dead and waiting for respawn. That's all.

For the question regarding the ping info on the game browser, I don't have an answer. You might as well throw the dice to get as reliable info as the browser is giving you regarding the ping. Usually your ping will be approx. 20% higher than shown. At least that's my impression.

Upvote 0