• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

DCS: Combined Arms

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
Cideo of DCS Combined Arms:

DCS: Combined Arms Promo - YouTube

From what I understand it will be an addon for DCS which turns the game into an RTS type experience. Though it looks like we will be able to control various units such as tanks and AA/SAMs:

full-299-35091-ca_9.jpg

I've been wondering if someone would make such a game with realistic units, especially one based on modern technology. :)

This is excellent news, reinstalled Ka-50 Black shark today, I'll have to buy the graphics update though to make it integrate with DCS world. But I've heard there were some performance problems, so I'm holding off till a patch arrives. Mean while I'll just keep practicing on destroying loads of tanks.

For what it is worth, World/A-10C runs better at max graphics settings than BS1/FC2 according to a friend.

I need to upgrade BS1, though I'll do that when FC3 is released. Then I will get A-10C and MIG-21 as well as this. This is going to cost me a lot. :(

Upvote 0
This looks really cool. Reminds me of my M1 Tank Platoon 2 days.

So will this be combined with the other modules, so if for example you have the A10 module you can have a squadron of human flown A10s being directed by a human JTAC?

Wish my computer could handle this...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This looks really cool. Reminds me of my M1 Tank Platoon 2 days.

So will this be combined with the other modules, so if for example you have the A10 module you can have a squadron of human flown A10s being directed by a human JTAC?

Wish my computer could handle this...

From what I understand yes, human controlled JTAC with human controlled A-10s/MIG-21s/ect.

Siiiiiiick!!! Do want!

Also, wait, there's a Mig-21 sim out there by DCS?

DCS: MIG-21 is in the works, though this is a 3rd party project. But it will be sold and fully integrated into DCS World. I posted some screenshots in another thread. If you want more info go to the ED forums and choose the MIG-21 forum.

Upvote 0
Awesome! This should make multiplayer games much more dynamic and fun! Direct control is a great idea, so much possibility for trolling :D

ED is truly the best developer left out there which stayed true to their fans and principles, while expanding their base.

Upvote 0