• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Daily updates from TWI

unclepickle1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2011
Hey Tripwire guys,

I'm not gonna rant in this thread about how bad you guys screwed up this launch. Deep down we all still think you're talented developers with a passion for gaming like us.

However, due to the severity of these issues and the fact that some of us have paid for a broken product, I don't think it's too much to ask for some daily updates on what you're doing to correct the situation. How about a post in the forum every morning regarding what you are going to work on that day? Or any leads you have on some issues? Don't worry about getting too technical with the details, the ones who know what you're talking about will be happy to explain it to the ones that don't.

Everyone else, please post in this thread so it gets some attention. I sincerely want Tripwire to consider this.

Thanks everyone

Hopey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 14, 2011
Would you rather they worked on issues or wasted time on the forums every day?
How about both, if they worked in issues that were not a priority then it would be a wasted attempt.

There are tons of things that need to be worked on, they just need to see what needs to go first.

PUTZ

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Baltimore, MD, USA
Myself, Yoshiro, and Ramm are on here quite a bit. Mostly trying to gather information and do general support.

The fact of the matter is that we are constantly working on everything. :D

unclepickle1

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 12, 2011
Myself, Yoshiro, and Ramm are on here quite a bit. Mostly trying to gather information and do general support.

I just think having a nice dev post to look forward to every morning would go a long way in terms of reassuring everyone. A lot of us don't have time to scan through the technical forums every day to find out what issues you guys responded to.

Thanks

GFMMonty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 9, 2011

I think most people would be a lot calmer if one of you just dropped a line at the beginning of your day saying what you're about to work on. Heck, you can even sort out who's to write it by a round of Nuke, Cockroach, Foot over your morning beverage...

Just a thought...:D

Reactions: Kephamos

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
I think most people would be a lot calmer if one of you just dropped a line at the beginning of your day saying what you're about to work on. Heck, you can even sort out who's to write it by a round of Nuke, Cockroach, Foot over your morning beverage...

Even a sticky would probably work a long way in reassuring people

Oo.k.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 1, 2011

Actually that'll make things worse. It would just turn into a look at me and my problem is worst than yours contest.

XSGamers

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 29, 2011
Actually that'll make things worse. It would just turn into a look at me and my problem is worst than yours contest.
You just lock it so only TWI/Mods can post to it.

But tbh I'm pretty sure the Devs are hard at working fixing stuff so I wouldn't worry too much guys.

khaosfaction

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011

i hate to bother you bout this, but i must know.
are you guys working on fixing the problem with the game staying on the splash screen?

dirtyjob

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
i wouldnt say it was a case or worrying, its more likely us gamers are tired of being the unpayed testers of games that should have already been tested before release is all :)

Flashheart

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011

I am sure that you are doing what you can to fix the game but I think also that it would be a great idea to let us know what you are working on. It doesn't even have to be updated everyday :)

DarkHunt3r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 24, 2011
Sorry guys but I have to strongly disagree with this request

Daily postings of what they are working on? Seriously c'mon, how would you like to have to get in work every day to have to tell the world what you were going to do that day, and then be hassled and moaned at constantly because you are not working on something that some spotty, needy, over entitled ahole considers the most important thing in the world?

TWI have proved they are constantly working on fixing the bugs, it is not like they have took the money and run. Let then get on with it.

What might help, a little, is if as mentioned above there was a sticky, that listed the acknowledged bugs of what TWI were looking into, at least then people who come with an issue can look in the sticky and see if it is being fixed at some point, or if it has not been listed they can post

There are some issues in the game, for some they are more serious than others, but we keep having posts about the same old things everyday, new posts old topics because most are to lazy to search through the forum. A sticky could resolve this

Reactions: u-s-e-r

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
Sorry guys but I have to strongly disagree with this request

Daily postings of what they are working on? Seriously c'mon, how would you like to have to get in work every day to have to tell the world what you were going to do that day, and then be hassled and moaned at constantly because you are not working on something that some spotty, needy, over entitled ahole considers the most important thing in the world?

TWI have proved they are constantly working on fixing the bugs, it is not like they have took the money and run. Let then get on with it.

What might help, a little, is if as mentioned above there was a sticky, that listed the acknowledged bugs of what TWI were looking into, at least then people who come with an issue can look in the sticky and see if it is being fixed at some point, or if it has not been listed they can post

There are some issues in the game, for some they are more serious than others, but we keep having posts about the same old things everyday, new posts old topics because most are to lazy to search through the forum. A sticky could resolve this
And more strict moderation;)

Inimical_rize

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 17, 2011
Would you rather they worked on issues or wasted time on the forums every day?
>implying it takes 8hours to post

-Fixing sound issues
-Fixing lag issues
-Fixing multiple spawn problems
-Fixing stats and awards
-Fixing glitching

Reactions: goat77

Silentdeath1966

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 19, 2011
They must do their job......before they launch this crappy game.....

if u buy a car you want to drive not to wait that the developers of your car fix the break or the engine at a car u already payewd for....u expect that it works...

:D

Reactions: r5cya

Couac

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 24, 2009
Id prefer to to know that all of them are working hard fixing stuff rather than have 1 of them wasting 1 hour everyday to explain what he could be doing.
But if they decided to follow your idea it wouldnt be a bad thing neither tho.

Last edited:

AsoBit

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
Kansas City, MO
www.flickr.com

Yes, then there'd be 100 more posts complaining about what they're not working on at that very moment.

Reactions: goat77