• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sound Cwivey's Impacts and Explosions volume modification

I took it down because at the moment, I've not got the spare time to work on it, and as it was created before the GOTY patch, I need to be sure which sounds were addressed by TWI and if it's at all compatible with the updated version.

I should be able to begin working on it again in two weeks or so, those A-Level exams sure do eat up free time but I am nearing the end! :p

Any headway on this again?

Upvote 0
Here's to hoping you pick this back up again when you have time ..

Really would like to see the 3 bullets below addresses again by some skilled person.. (that means you :) ) I believe it would add much immersion when your being shot at.

Right now it still sounds like BB's whizing by your head and hitting the dirt and objects around you.

-Increase in volume of bullet impacts near the player.
-Increase in volume of bullet whiz-by's.
-Bullet snaps now happen 100% of the time in near-misses compared to the 0.33333 chance found in-game currently.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tempting I must admit...double chocolate chip and we have a deal. :p

I'll see what I can do. Not promising anyt'ing, but I shall have another bash at it.

Cheers, I'd love to hear this again.

I hate to bring this up but have you looked into death moans at all? I can't make heads nor tails of how RO2 invokes sounds, but I'm trying to figure out why I only get one voice actor and very few death moans.

Upvote 0
I hate to bring this up but have you looked into death moans at all? I can't make heads nor tails of how RO2 invokes sounds, but I'm trying to figure out why I only get one voice actor and very few death moans.

The ROPawn class handles damage to sectors ( or "bones"). Specific bones are instant death areas; Heart, Sex Organ (My precious acorns :( ), Head and Neck. When one of these areas is hit (Apart from the Head), and the player is not already dead or in slow-death, the animation is set to play and the death sound is played too. In theory, the sound should happen whenever a shot like this occurs (the animation does!), but the sounds are not high priority and may be culled in favour of gun shots, explosions and such.

Rifles are less likely to cause these events to happen in close range because the damage sent to the target often hits the Torso bone first and (often) kills the player before it reaches the Heart. You can however, enter the target through the shoulder (when they are laying down) to hit the heart, or be at a range that damage fall-off doesn't outright kill the player on a torso shot.

The AT rifle should cause the death sounds to be played too (highly likely), even if you hit the target in the head and remove it. :X

Hope this helps! (Also posted help in your support thread)

Upvote 0