• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Current Mutator Greylist

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    The following are a list of mutators/mods that have been deemed un-white listable (or awaiting white list approval), however use of your current perks is now allowed with these mods. You will see your perks go up, however on map rotation, they will be reset. To suggest more mods/muts for this list please visit this thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=47890

Mutators

The Brute

Download Link

Custom Trader Mutator
    Download Link

Only This Specimen
    Download Link

Unsilenced MAC-10
    Download Link

BD Vehicle Mod
    Download Link

KF Max Players
    Download Link

KF Bots
    Download Link

KF Weapon Pack v3
    Download Link

Reactions: Undedd Jester
    I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, but when I get time to try it out is there any sort of notification that lets players know whether or not we've joined a game that's a greylist game? I'm still trying to level up so for now I prefer to not play on greylisted servers. Without some sort of notification when I join a match already in progress, it would appear to me that I'm making progress, but I wouldn't know any of it didn't count until I either left the server or switched maps(or it was mentioned in the server's title or through chat broadcasts, but I'd definitely not prefer to rely on server admins to notify new players to their server(s)).

Otherwise, I just wanted to say that I loved the crap out of the Christmas update. <3

Upvote 0
    I haven't had a lot of time to play lately, but when I get time to try it out is there any sort of notification that lets players know whether or not we've joined a game that's a greylist game? I'm still trying to level up so for now I prefer to not play on greylisted servers. Without some sort of notification when I join a match already in progress, it would appear to me that I'm making progress, but I wouldn't know any of it didn't count until I either left the server or switched maps(or it was mentioned in the server's title or through chat broadcasts, but I'd definitely not prefer to rely on server admins to notify new players to their server(s)).

Otherwise, I just wanted to say that I loved the crap out of the Christmas update. <3

Since the list is so small, you can just look out for the content of any of these muts. For example, if you join a game and it's all Fleshpounds then you know it's greylisted.

Upvote 0
    This is definitely a step in the right direction and has brought KF much closer to the hands of the community.

I however would like to point out the problem that we still have to submit our mutators/maps for this greylist and we are still back at square one (where we'd have to wait months to be able to play one of our favorite mutators).

My suggestion is simply to add all user created stuff automatically to the greylist. What harm can this do to the fair play and leveling seeing as everything is reset on map rotation?

Upvote 0
    My suggestion is simply to add all user created stuff automatically to the greylist. What harm can this do to the fair play and leveling seeing as everything is reset on map rotation?

We can't do this as there are mods/muts that play with the leveling system, and those cannot have any access at all.

Upvote 0
    Sorry, should have mentioned this in my reply to you in the other thread but I forgot: Using the this specimen only mutator gives you the same effect, plus it's greylisted. :)

Thanks. Downloaded and tried. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Is it possible to run this mut in dedicated server?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    yes, indeed it does :D

I had to modify killingfloor.ini to spawn only fp's in dedicated server. MonsterChoice=5 spawned only FP's.

[OnlyThisSpecimen.OnlyThisSpecimen]
    MonsterChoice=5
    MonsterOther=
    bUseOther=False
    bAllowSpecials=False
    bUseAsBoss=False

Anybody have any idea what these mean:

MonsterOther=
    bUseOther=False
    bAllowSpecials=False

Upvote 0
    Anybody have any idea what these mean:

MonsterOther=

This allows you to specify a specimen other than the default ones (for example, the brute which isn't officially part of the game).

bUseOther=False

This is related to the above, and enables the use of the specimen indicated in the field above.

bAllowSpecials=False

This allows the use of "special squads" (which the official specimen mutators use by default), which are wave-specific squads that are guaranteed to spawn specific monsters (ie. one squad contains 2 fleshpounds, a siren, and others). They are only used on the higher waves.

Upvote 0