• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Cuntainment station

The map doesn't promote kiting as most blindspots will invite zeds to appear and ruin any sorts of enjoyment of kiting. Although that being said, there's some room for kiting in one of the "big" rooms by moving around obstacles such as containment or the big generator but this requires tremendous amount of time and coordination so as not to get backstabbed by another zed coming out of the corner.

Upvote 0
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I usually see players holding one of two rooms in this map and spending the entire match in this position. I've found that if i try to move away down one of the corridors to change things up a bit it becomes impossible to move past zeds. I've also noticed that now that infernal realm is an official map it is much harder to move around and kite now which is a shame :/ Seems tripwire really likes little tight spaces.

Upvote 0
on the other hand, now zeds various changes makes it easier to them to over run you and force you to kite, this can vary a lot depending on difficulty or team composition, what seems to work best for me in that case is like i said a kite similar to KF1 biotics, where you put most of your attention to fordward spawn points, and time your kills.

Upvote 0
imho this is one of the easiest maps to play:
Going to that big generator room and having a 3:3 setup, 3 people shooting in one hallway and other 3 shooting the other hallway (the one where you go forward you will see a boxed husk)
so far i've survived all difficulties like that.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2267741 said:
imho this is one of the easiest maps to play:
Going to that big generator room and having a 3:3 setup, 3 people shooting in one hallway and other 3 shooting the other hallway (the one where you go forward you will see a boxed husk)
so far i've survived all difficulties like that.

well OP said not involving camping, that spot is pretty broken IMO. this map makes me remember how exagerated is the husk swing sound, like he had a zwei or something similar.

Upvote 0
Well, it's a close quarters map and it's hard to get overwhelmed by enemies suddenly appearing when you have the huge firepower to bust through them like they're nothing, you could play as Support. Otherwise, you're not going to have a good time. The Game Conductor likes to ramp spawns out of control near tight corners and thin hallways and since Containment Station is built out of nothing but tight corners and thin hallways kiting gameplay is never exactly going to be ideal.

Upvote 0
hotaka;n2267118 said:
Yeah, thanks for the replies. I usually see players holding one of two rooms in this map and spending the entire match in this position. I've found that if i try to move away down one of the corridors to change things up a bit it becomes impossible to move past zeds. I've also noticed that now that infernal realm is an official map it is much harder to move around and kite now which is a shame :/ Seems tripwire really likes little tight spaces.

Thats the issue with the game at the moment. Spawning rates & locations are too on top of the player to kite through narrow corridors. You could get away with it for most part in KF1 but esp. on HoE the frequency and then speed of zed movement make kiting a lamentable tactic on such maps.

Upvote 0
2Clicks;n2267978 said:
Thats the issue with the game at the moment. Spawning rates & locations are too on top of the player to kite through narrow corridors. You could get away with it for most part in KF1 but esp. on HoE the frequency and then speed of zed movement make kiting a lamentable tactic on such maps.

Another thing about the spawns when playing an 8p hoe on volter manor away from the team on wave 6, I got 4 zeds that spawned near me for the entire wave. On farmhouse if the entire team is hiding in the barn or on the upstairs balcony and I am down in the yard I will get the majority of the spawns coming to me.

Upvote 0
Good team can kite any level, so my tactical advice is get a good team and keep moving, try not to get caught up fighting the rear zeds, commando is essential for zed times, medic, zerker, support, demo and anything else as long as they know there perk well.even a firebug can be extremely useful as long as they try not to rage all the scrakes.

I notice people always camp the same spots and that just bores me, lucky enough I have friends that I play with and we either kite or hold unorthodox places, i suppose when you've played alot you don't want to go with the status quo as it can get boring quickly.

You can kite any map no matter if its prison, catacombs or containment station.

Upvote 0