• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Crashing while saving because of covernodes

LATTEH

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
I don't know if its because of the recent update. But every time i move, edit any of my cover nodes and then try to build or save the level it crashes!

even in older version's of my level it will crash when it shouldn't.

to pinpoint when it crash's is when its saving and its on backup packages with building the paths it crash's right away.

sorry for making another thread for my problems, but i don't see any other way D:

There's no stock packages in the unpublished/published folders.

EDIT: was able to get it fixed i deleted the config folder and that fixed the problem thank you wolverine i wouldn't have deleted it if you didnt tell me to check :D

EDIT2: nope D: it still crashes thats weird. it will crash if i delete some or edit but some of them won't. is it possible that one of the nodes can get corrupt?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ahhhh thats your problem. you don't have enough ram. it's ok when you're first making a map, but when you start adding all the covernods and rallypoints, thats where the problems start......you'll need more ram.

this maybe true in some case's, but i don't think it is for this because most of the covernodes i have. (i was running with 3gb of ram at the time) have been in the level since i made it. (and this only start popping up after i redefined a new area with a different layout because i wanted to delete the old covernodes)

i have no problem adding new covernodes tho its just the editing or deletion of old ones.

Upvote 0
I hate double posting but: I was able to build the level and cook it, but when i load up the level ingame it crashes the game. This is a big problem D: i cant even test it ingame or anything.

sorry if i seemed mean in my last post im just getting mad is all

you mind sending me the map, so i can look at it? see if i spot something?

Upvote 0
you mind sending me the map, so i can look at it? see if i spot something?

Sure:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22602760/LATTEHS+level.zip

I think that link is broken here is another: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7105610/LATTEHS%20level.zip

If anyone wants to use my assets you can just give me credit for it.

EDIT: after some debugging i found deleting the pylons allowed me to delete the covernodes. but when i build then cook the level it still crashs ingame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had the same a while ago. I only don't know what solved it. Guess what Wolverine wrote did it or deleting my ini files. At first I used the workaround not deleting but move my covernodes where I could use them. I even added some in
areas where a player could not go.

The crash happend when you saved the map when you deleted covernodes.

It's so weird. I've deleted them before and had no problems. Anyway I reverted to much older backup and things were fine, just had to redo some stuff which is always boring. :p But I stayed away from the problem nodes and just left them as they were. fyi they were the ones around the fountain - copied from another map.

Upvote 0