• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Couple more bugs encountered in PowerCore

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    1. Dar armor stuck midair when a person died and then later left the game.
    k7d4av4.jpg

(sorry for the bad angle, we were in the middle of the heat)

2. Zed stuck somewhere outside the map in Sector 7
    moiPFI7.jpg

What happend next tho.
    I've proposed on suiciding to retry the map again, me and some other guy suicided while 3rd one left... And then the zed magically reapeared in the center of the room, which ended up being a stalker.
    Also to note that those who didn't choose the Noose (heh) were near the elevator

3. Zeds falling under the ground when zed time kicks in.

hJ6uGfE.jpg

N2DIKmU.jpg

4. i don't know if this is a bug but lighting is a bit messed up.
    By that i mean that characters look matte in powercore.
    normally cosmetics have some shine to them, but there its just matte.

5. Not really a bug but, there's a spawn in the 1st room that is above the interactable blades where cyst and crawlers spawn.
    The drop is so high that there's a chance that when zed spawns and drops onto the floor... it dies. Knocks itself out and dies.

s5yn3t;n2315629 said:
    3. Zeds falling under the ground when zed time kicks in.
    This happens on any map when the server has a higher tickrate set (Your screenshot shows it advertises 60 tick in the server name - default is 30).

Not sure if setting tickrate higher on client to match will help, but it's NetServerMaxTickRate= in [IpDrv.TcpNetDriver] section of KFEngine.ini (Not the one in [Engine.DemoRecDriver] ).

The dedicated server guide on the wiki should probably be updated to warn about this issue if it can't be fixed easily, since it mentions tickrate as one of the options you can change:
    https://wiki.tripwireinteractive.com...r-KFEngine.ini

Upvote 0
    Ok, reviving this thread again as there's more issues with powercore.

Yesterday on sector 04 on the upper side of the room, we had 2 bloats stuck in walls.
    one in the upper drop that straight overlooks the other spawn point (the down the hall one, not the one that looks over the stairs)
    Bloat was stuck way high up over the doorway which made no sense.

And the other bloat was stuck in the left side of the wall on the other side of mentioned spawn point... And we couldn't get to him.

Whats weird is that after some time the zed count droped from 2 to 1 and the 1st bloat was missing.
    after few minutes later the supposedly last bloat dies, i get a kill confirm out of it even if i didnt touch him... And then the second bloat spawns in the same room where the "2nd" bloat died coming out of the right side.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Foster Parent;n2328935 said:
    The tickrate thing can be a real problem. Changing it from the default will create bugs that we can't support.

You think tickrate problem causes zeds get stuck in powercore? (As the frequancy of them getting stuck in their spawn points is quite high there)

Also the server ran default tickrate at the time of new report, and i know that since zeds didnt fall under the floor while in zed time, and i didn't have the client side tickrate modified since recent "forced" kfgame reset (its like the christmas update degraded the folder for some number of players including me)

Also, just to make sure if you've missed the dates.
    initial report on what's above was made 8 months ago.
    And the recent one yesterday, which has nothing to do with the previous reports, except for the zed being stuck in a totally different room.

Edit: Here's the recap of what happened in a match.
    7j0FVYi.jpg

There's the spot where 1st out of 2 bloats that was stuck, as it was shown by the last zed marker (steam failed me to capture that moment, so i had to "re-create")

Downstairs is where we all gathered up to see if the 2nd bloat would respawn in another place. (by that time the 1st bloat magically disappeared)

lDLviNS.jpg

Turning around and going to the other side of the hall

RCJvkJv.jpg

Here's more detailed showcase of what happened later.
    As you can see there's one bloat Inside that wall (his clever was sticking out), which wouldn't die or respawn.
    After some period of time he does manage to die and i get the kill confirmed on the top right (but i didn't touch the bloat as I've long exhausted my flashbangs)
    And when that bloat died, the 1st missing bloat appeared from the right as described on the photo.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Ok.
    So the only noticeable pattern i see with the Rioter's armor floating on its own, happens when Rioter dies out of view (Mostly behind your back)
    So it dies, it's body despawns but the armor will still float for a good chunk of time.... I'd say the same amount of time it takes for a dropped weapon to disappear.

Upvote 0
    Back to powercore to room 03
    wVAbJqb.png

I guess i found out why the zeds end up staying alive below the playable area.... the bridge they are going through, if the zed manages to get stack near the railing right next to the playable area, it will jump quite a lot and at some point will jump off the bridge and end up below the map where it's challenging to kill it.

I guess same applies to the room 08 in the picture above (where i wrote "Sector 8")

There should be somekind of an invisible wall or a railing so that the zeds wouldn't fall down

Upvote 0