• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Contant Crashing between 4/8 servers.

I don't know what it is anymore. I have googled the direct recent lines of my server logs and there are no issues pertaining to those entries involving KF1 servers. It's results for other UT2004 engine games it seems, and none of the fixes apply.

I am currently running 8 Killing Floor servers that have been going for almost 2 months now.
Out of those 8, 4 are 24/7 doom2 servers. They have not crashed once.
The other 4, however.. are pretty much black and white. They are either up or down. They crash on ANY MAP.
2 of those 4 servers are stock maps on normal/hard. The other 2 are all whitelisted maps normal/hard.

Everything on these servers are configured the same way. Originally, I did have KFStatsX on the whitelisted/stock servers. They were the only 4 servers with this mutator running, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

I am running Windows 2k8 Web R2. It is not a cpu nor ram issue as there is definitely plenty of both.
This problem used to exist in the past for me as well, but not as bad as it is right now. It's BAD.. I find myself starting these servers up again everyday. I have not installed them as a service yet as I have other things I should be taking care of before I would even worry about adding a KF server to services that shouldn't be crashing anyway.. they don't all crash at once, they go one after another. Player or no players, 1-6. KF-BioticsLab or KF-****You - ANY MAP. I don't know why, but like I said, the doom2 servers are configured the same exact way. They have not crashed once, which led me to believe it was a map issue. But it's crashing on all official KF maps, too.. wtf?!

I can assure that all servers are configured similarly, with exceptions to ports and server details. At that, I am just attaching info for one server (the one that actually crashed a little while ago).

KF_Server_Launcher.bat
Code:
ucc server KF-WestLondon.rom?game=KFmod.KFGameType?VACSecured=true?MaxPlayers=6?multihome=149.56.149.66?AdminName=ocl?AdminPassword=XXXXXXXXX?Mutator=KFCtryTags.CtryTags,KFPatHPLeft.MutPatHPLeft,KFShareCash.KFShareCashMut,MutKillMessage.MutKillMessage,MutKFAntiBlocker.MutKFAntiBlocker -log=server.log

All the things that say Critical are always at the end of the server.log when it crashes, though, normally they say "Unauthorized:" instead.
DemoRecord actor should not be an issue. I am aware it is a UT2004 whitelisted mutator, but I have it on all of my servers including the doom2 servers and they still don't crash, though that error does bother me. It's a great mutator that solves a lot of problems for us - I don't want to think about removing it unless it actually is the problem.

server.log and KillingFloor.ini in one txt. Had to shorten, reached 58000+ characters in this post.
http://overclockedlan.pro/serverlogKFINI.txt

Please... please. I am literally losing sleep.r

EDIT: Uh.. it's been a while. What happened to signature settings? My sig is disgusting.
Ok.. sig settings are still there, hidden within an AJAX link and you disabled bbcodes after all this time but the forum rules still specify that an image and multiple other things are allowed.. sooo...

Last edited:
Last I heard, demo record was really buggy and broken.....I also wanted to use it for something too but was told don't bother as it's broken....what are you using it for?

Yeah.....it would appear they've upgraded the forum to make it look better and prettier.....but also removed some of stuff I liked about the old forum....and one of them was the signature banner of my server..... I still need to fix that.....maybe just remove it completely I guess since it no longer functions correctly on this forum site.... :(

EDIT: I actually have a thread post on that, here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...ame-banner-signature-isn-t-displayed-properly ...nobody responded....not even Tripwire to explain why this was removed or at least assure me.... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Boltte;n2289322 said:
Last I heard, demo record was really buggy and broken.....I also wanted to use it for something too but was told don't bother as it's broken....what are you using it for?
I forbid the non-return of player weapons and penalize those that kickvote to clear a server for themselves.
It has not caused an issue for me on any of my doom2 servers - why would that be? The "Warnings" are there, but the mutator is doing it's job. KFArgWeapon mut is broken english and literally is broken.. I'd take that as a suggestion over demorecord but I cannot trust it nor does it satisfy me. The KF community has been pretty good over the years at sending in those ContactEmails. I've actually made several friends out of them.

Boltte;n2289322 said:
Yeah.....it would appear they've upgraded the forum to make it look better and prettier.....but also removed some of stuff I liked about the old forum....and one of them was the signature banner of my server..... I still need to fix that.....maybe just remove it completely I guess since it no longer functions correctly on this forum site.... :(
Yes, I see that. I also tried the themes, none work besides this one. "Fixed" forums.. ick.

Boltte;n2289322 said:
EDIT: I actually have a thread post on that, here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...layed-properly ...nobody responded....not even Tripwire to explain why this was removed or at least assure me.... :(
I responded. Then I realized it was almost a 3 month old post and deleted it after I searched "signature" when I discovered what mine looks like.
Ironically, yours and mine are practically the same.

EDIT2: Oh, this is even better. Apparently we've met. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...-aa/51935-mutator-weapon-pickup-message/page6

Last edited:
Upvote 0
White Boy;n2289323 said:
I forbid the non-return of player weapons and penalize those that kickvote to clear a server for themselves.
It has not caused an issue for me on any of my doom2 servers - why would that be? The "Warnings" are there, but the mutator is doing it's job. KFArgWeapon mut is broken english and literally is broken.. I'd take that as a suggestion over demorecord but I cannot trust it nor does it satisfy me. The KF community has been pretty good over the years at sending in those ContactEmails. I've actually made several friends out of them.
So you don't want perk spawned weapons and to penalize hijackers? Heh I'm fine with perk spawned weapons(if that's what you meant by "I forbid the non-return of player weapons", for hijackers I just remove the vote kick option completely - that way it's impossible to steal any of my servers! Muahahaha!:p

White Boy;n2289323 said:
Yes, I see that. I also tried the themes, none work besides this one. "Fixed" forums.. ick.
My new signature: "Error: Your signature cannot be longer than 200 characters excluding BB code markup. (sigtoolong_excludingbbcode)" :p;) Yes they even limited the character space to 200 as well by the looks of it.....

White Boy;n2289323 said:
I responded. Then I realized it was almost a 3 month old post and deleted it after I searched "signature" when I discovered what mine looks like.
Ironically, yours and mine are practically the same.
Heh...but mine looks prettier! :p Actually - I can't compare without seeing what that full signature code looks like when displayed properly, you got a picture or something? Oh wait hold on, let me see if it works on this post:
type-460x42_cborder-000000_ctop-0060D1_cbottom-000000_ctext1-FFFFFF_ctext2-002FE0_chighlight-000000.png

EDIT: Interesting, this is what mine looks like or was supposed to look like:
b_560_95_1.png

Maybe I should just append this to every post I make on this forum as it's the only way? Hahahaha If I'm gonna be doing that, I might as well start with all my 30+ servers....lol:p:eek::rolleyes:

White Boy;n2289323 said:

So we have....:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0