• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Connection Lost: Your Connection to the Host has been lost

JaesWasTaken

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 11, 2017
For a currently unknown reason, after seeming random intervals of game play that last no longer than 5 minutes, I lose connection to the servers.

I've had this problem for almost two years at this point and I'm at my wits end. I thought I only had this problem with Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm, but as I frustratingly discovered, this also extends to Rising Storm 2. I was pretty much forced to stop playing RO2 altogether because I have not found a solution to this problem short of buying a new router. I'm 99.9% that my router is the cause of this problem, but have not been able to resolve the issue. Any kind of help would be appreciated or else I'm going to be stuck with a dead game series that I sorely miss playing and greatly enjoy.

I currently use a R6220 Netgear router (the only problems I've seen router related are from Thomson routers). Any kind of feedback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
I am having the same issue. I've spent 4 hours working on it trying every setting fix under the sun. The ONLY thing that woks is going straight from the modem. I have never had this problem with any game in the past. And now since I've spent 4 hours trying to fix it I have 3 hours of in game time of getting kicked off continually so I probably can't even get a refund.

Reactions: Island
Upvote 0
cenTT;n2295631 said:
It's not a Netgear issue because I don't use a Netgear router and I've experienced the same thing at least twice since release.

That's the site for OP's router. If you use an different one and its not a security software issue, I recommend contacting the manufacturer of your router.

Upvote 0
I've been in contact with netgear support. The biggest problem here is that there is no error code to diagnose the issue. It's just a dropped connection. My internet isn't dropping. I even attempted to watch Netflix on my computer while the game was going to see if my computer was dropping connection due to increased traffic or overheating. Nothing. My connection is stable and lagless. Something with the game is not working well with some errors.

At the very minimum new error codes should be added to the lost connection to try and pick up why.

Upvote 0
PoosterRooster;n2295645 said:
I've been in contact with netgear support. The biggest problem here is that there is no error code to diagnose the issue. It's just a dropped connection. My internet isn't dropping. I even attempted to watch Netflix on my computer while the game was going to see if my computer was dropping connection due to increased traffic or overheating. Nothing. My connection is stable and lagless. Something with the game is not working well with some errors.

At the very minimum new error codes should be added to the lost connection to try and pick up why.

It's not a router issue. Getting in contact with Netgear will not solve anything. It's something in their game code. I also get a similar issue with Killing Floor 2 where I can't connect to some servers even when they're empty or I lose connection like some other people have been experiencing.

I just tried with two different routers and I still can't connect to many servers even if they are empty and now I can't even see some servers. I have friends playing on servers and when I right click to "view game info" it says that the "Server is not responding". If I try to copy the ip address and connect using the console it also won't connect.

Tripwire games are the ONLY games that give me this headache. I don't have any issues with any other games at all. And I've played A LOT of multiplayer games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Island
Upvote 0
It just sucks because i've spent 4 hours of in-game time working on this issue. Now I don't qualify for a refund and short of buying a new router I'll never be able to play it. Like I said I've tried every setting my and others brains can think of and contacted every support under the sun. At this point I'm just going to have to avoid tripwire products. Funny thing is Killing floor has always worked flawlessly for me.

Upvote 0