• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

completly lost ??????

Hi, I just downloaded OSTFRONT from a Red Orchestra pack purchased on STEAM.

I have two major questions:
1) I find my way to get to server, but when accessing them, it requires to download all kind of stuff, and this take forever.
Is this correct?
Is there any server that do not require downloading anything?
Any server that I can access and play straightaway?

2) Why is the weapon always going DOWN, to keep it up, I have to constantly move the mousse or the joystick?
Is this correct?
If yes it makes the game real hard to play.

I do know that Ostfront came out long ago, it is not as nice as Red Orchestra, but and because I paid for it, I'd like to find a way to play it.

Thank you!

Last edited:
1) I'm guessing you are trying to play on a server with custom user made content. Since Ostfront has been out so long, there is a lot out there and I'm guessing most servers have at least some custom content running on them. It might be frustrating to wait, but some/most custom content out there is great. I personally don't know of servers running stock content only.

2) Are you talking about weapons sway, not really sure what you are saying. I can say that Ostfront requires a little bit more user input than most other games, so yes it does take a little more practice to be proficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2) Why is the weapon always going DOWN, to keep it up, I have to constantly move the mousse or the joystick?
Is this correct?
If yes it makes the game real hard to play.

are you playing with a joystick/gamepad? even if you are not, is there one plugged in while you play? maybe your joystick isn't calibrated right and moves the view downwards all the time. try calibrating it or simply unplug it, if you don't use it.

Upvote 0