• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commissar's House

I don't know, I feel like this map is actually OK. The problem is most people try to take B before A. If you have everyone run right up to the house in A, you can cap it from the outside area, without ever running into the house. Once you cap A, you quickly cap B, and A becomes greyed out for the Axis, so they cannot recapture. From there you move up to B or even cut across to C or D. I find this to be actually not bad. Of course it helps to have one or two competent tank commanders who can ward off enemy tanks, and a couple AT guys.

Spartanovka is infinitely more ridiculous to play as Allies, I just take a smoke break when I see Spartanovka load on the screen. It's a snooze-fest. The cap zones are THE ENTIRE WIDTH OF THE LEVEL? Really?!??

my 2 cents
TOPMO3

I kind of like that to be honest.

Upvote 0
I have played this map alot only time I seen it beaten as the Russians was during a clan match with 2 fairly equal teams.On public servers it usually ends up a russian turkey shoot for the germans.Teamwork is key on these type maps and when the russians is lacking that its really hard.

On hard maps like these and apartments for the Germans you have to attack them like this \/
earl-o.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, this map is absolutely pathetic, I can't fathom what TWI was thinking when they gave it the A-ok. Germans can run 10-20 seconds, and get into perfect spots to seriously spawn-camp the **** out of the Soviets. This is so, bad, probably the worst map I've seen in my life. The left spawn, inside the warehouse, gives you an exit, straight into the line of fire of Germans using that wierd courtyard-like area with the walls for cover to gun you down. I've even seen Germans actually hide against the exit walls, and plug bullets into the back of soviets running out, for entire games. Why isn't there spawn protection there? It seems to be everywhere we don't need it to be, yet it's missing when it should be there. Smoke doesn't work, as germans will just spray into it, or throw grenades. Now going left, you get to hide behind a wall, if you can even make it there, which is open to the standalone building wayyyy off to the right of the map (Russian perspective). The mad rush to the middle red house is pitiful, resulting in hordes of Russians getting sniped. Germans always make it to the house first, occupying the windows, further adding to the nightmare. Now Spawning right side, you are presented with nothing but flat open ground, and one small rectangular building. This place is constantly being shot by the PzIV, AT rifle men, and MGs. Can't move into the plain, as the guy in the standalone building will get you, or the tank or AT rifles will rip you to shreds. There's no cover from there to the red building, so your getting ****ed even more. And to add to all that pleasantness is the gimped T-34, which is no match for the PzIV,and an all round piece of ****, and the constant spawn **** of artillery truly puts this as THE worsed designed map in any video game i've played. Shipment from Cod4 is better than this and it was 30m by 30m.

Reactions: oscar.nein
Upvote 0
As a few have said it is possible to get out of the spawn areas as allies with 4-5 decent players and an aggressive commander who will give recon info and plenty of smoke cover..as well as good artillery coordination

But the point is, that kind of lucky team make up is rare in public servers, so its just an exercise in frustration for the more competent and team minded folk.

And in all fairness lockdown does NOT help at all especially in public play as it takes a long time to get some momentum going, and some small success with a random team. And even then you have to hope you have good SL and other support.

Then just as everyone starts to feel.. Hmm you know what we are actually fighting back lets attack...in comes lockdown and everyone gives up.

Upvote 0
Yes, this map is absolutely pathetic, I can't fathom what TWI was thinking when they gave it the A-ok. Germans can run 10-20 seconds, and get into perfect spots to seriously spawn-camp the **** out of the Soviets. This is so, bad, probably the worst map I've seen in my life. The left spawn, inside the warehouse, gives you an exit, straight into the line of fire of Germans using that wierd courtyard-like area with the walls for cover to gun you down. I've even seen Germans actually hide against the exit walls, and plug bullets into the back of soviets running out, for entire games. Why isn't there spawn protection there? It seems to be everywhere we don't need it to be, yet it's missing when it should be there. Smoke doesn't work, as germans will just spray into it, or throw grenades. Now going left, you get to hide behind a wall, if you can even make it there, which is open to the standalone building wayyyy off to the right of the map (Russian perspective). The mad rush to the middle red house is pitiful, resulting in hordes of Russians getting sniped. Germans always make it to the house first, occupying the windows, further adding to the nightmare. Now Spawning right side, you are presented with nothing but flat open ground, and one small rectangular building. This place is constantly being shot by the PzIV, AT rifle men, and MGs. Can't move into the plain, as the guy in the standalone building will get you, or the tank or AT rifles will rip you to shreds. There's no cover from there to the red building, so your getting ****ed even more. And to add to all that pleasantness is the gimped T-34, which is no match for the PzIV,and an all round piece of ****, and the constant spawn **** of artillery truly puts this as THE worsed designed map in any video game i've played. Shipment from Cod4 is better than this and it was 30m by 30m.
Have a look at the post I wrote on page 1 of the topic. To summarize: I learned about tanking, T-34. It is not nearly as inferior as people make it out to be. I don't know how hard it is for the PIV's to score hits in critical areas, but with some practice one can set those PIV's on fire on the first shot with the T-34 from any angle or distance on Commissar's House. It is hard to hit the ammo storage bins inside, but they blow if you do. The tank is harder to use than P-IV probably. Worse vision, less crew. Less protected. But seems a lot faster.

On Commissar's House, nothing can stop the T-34's from driving so they have the hull MG and co-ax pouring down death on the Germans set up in the position you just wrote about. When they go down by the dozen, shot in the side and back, they get pretty confused about what to do. :) "What, not safe to go here? WTF? Why did I die?". It is glorious. If the Allies know that things aren't as bad as they seem, they can advance up and take the map.

If there are no good T-34 around though, forget about it. It turns into a turkey shoot massacre.

Upvote 0
We're rolling out balance updates for Commissar's House and Pavlov's House. If it turns out they're not enough we'll continue to make changes.

Also, stop exaggerating. Allies have been winning on the map. It might difficult but to say they never have is absolutely false. Saying bull**** like that causes you to lose credibility for any future feedback you might have. If you have nothing useful to say then obviously no one is going to listen you.

Upvote 0
Also, stop exaggerating. Allies have been winning on the map. It might difficult but to say they never have is absolutely false. Saying bull**** like that causes you to lose credibility for any future feedback you might have. If you have nothing useful to say then obviously no one is going to listen you.
I thought hyperbole always trumped any argument..

/confuzzled ;)

Upvote 0
We're rolling out balance updates for Commissar's House and Pavlov's House. If it turns out they're not enough we'll continue to make changes.

1. Good news.

2. Having only seen Allies win on it twice (and I've played it probably 20 times), I don't think its much of a stretch that some people, having played it less and/or been less lucky, have never seen Allies win it. We're all individuals, we don't have access to your internal data or the server logs server renters have.

Upvote 0
I don't know, I feel like this map is actually OK. The problem is most people try to take B before A. If you have everyone run right up to the house in A, you can cap it from the outside area, without ever running into the house. Once you cap A, you quickly cap B, and A becomes greyed out for the Axis, so they cannot recapture. From there you move up to B or even cut across to C or D. I find this to be actually not bad. Of course it helps to have one or two competent tank commanders who can ward off enemy tanks, and a couple AT guys.

my 2 cents
TOPMO3

Well... axis knows how to fire through walls... seen lots of russians die as they stand beside that 10 meter side of the building...

Upvote 0
Have a look at the post I wrote on page 1 of the topic. To summarize: I learned about tanking, T-34. It is not nearly as inferior as people make it out to be. I don't know how hard it is for the PIV's to score hits in critical areas, but with some practice one can set those PIV's on fire on the first shot with the T-34 from any angle or distance on Commissar's House. It is hard to hit the ammo storage bins inside, but they blow if you do. The tank is harder to use than P-IV probably. Worse vision, less crew. Less protected. But seems a lot faster.

On Commissar's House, nothing can stop the T-34's from driving so they have the hull MG and co-ax pouring down death on the Germans set up in the position you just wrote about. When they go down by the dozen, shot in the side and back, they get pretty confused about what to do. :) "What, not safe to go here? WTF? Why did I die?". It is glorious. If the Allies know that things aren't as bad as they seem, they can advance up and take the map.

If there are no good T-34 around though, forget about it. It turns into a turkey shoot massacre.
Which is most of time. I decided to go tanking, ran around the corner, got hit by 3 At rifle shells, 1 PzIV shell, and my tank was done. Also all these things hit me in the front plating. I think TWI haven't really balanced it out, it seems very weak compared to PzIV, other than speed. I thought it was supposed to have better armor? So far, it's garbage in my opinion.

Upvote 0

I've played commisars house maybe 20-30 times. Havent seen allies win once. We got all but last objective 2 times but lack of reinforcements stopped us from winning.

So in my experience I AM NOT FULL OF BS!

How many times should I play the map before getting a win? 50? 100?

Dont be arrogant man.

Upvote 0
I kind of like that to be honest.

Heh, from which perspective, attackers of defenders?

But in all seriousness, what I don't like about Spartanovka is that even if you are defending the point, and you are hiding, with no enemies around you, the attacking force can be on the other side of the map, and capping, and you have no way of reaching them to defend. If each "section" of Spartanovka was broken down into 2 sections, a north and a south cap, that would make things much easier to defend.

TOPMO3

Upvote 0
Heh, from which perspective, attackers of defenders?

But in all seriousness, what I don't like about Spartanovka is that even if you are defending the point, and you are hiding, with no enemies around you, the attacking force can be on the other side of the map, and capping, and you have no way of reaching them to defend. If each "section" of Spartanovka was broken down into 2 sections, a north and a south cap, that would make things much easier to defend.

TOPMO3

I didn't read your previous post, but I like this idea of breaking up the zones into two sections (after church and before town hall). It would cut down on the hide-and-seek.

Upvote 0
Goodness there's a lot of noise isn't there.

Anyway perhaps there would be even more angst, but possibly from the German side, if TW had set up the teams historically for the actual attack on Nov 13th 42. That might make a challenging mod - have the Germans attack from the Apotheke and the park with the Kommissarhaus already occupied by the Soviets.

cheers

Upvote 0