• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commissar's House

It definitely needs a bit of attention. For Allies, getting that first set of caps is one hell of a task- even with good arty and tank support. Then if you do manage to get the Axis players on their heels, the clock or reinforcements will run out as you're capping the last zone! :mad:

More reinforcements and playing one, slightly longer round instead of two could make it more fun.

Upvote 0
This is the most unbalanced map in the bunch.

I ask every time it comes up and we start playing. And thus far, nobody on any Commissar's game I've been on has EVER seen the allies win it... EVER.

Not one single "yeah I've seen it" response yet, in over a week of asking. Not one.

Nobody has ever seen the Allies win Commissar's House.

Reactions: EvilAmericanMan
Upvote 0
This is the most unbalanced map in the bunch.

I ask every time it comes up and we start playing. And thus far, nobody on any Commissar's game I've been on has EVER seen the allies win it... EVER.

Not one single "yeah I've seen it" response yet, in over a week of asking. Not one.

Nobody has ever seen the Allies win Commissar's House.

I've seen it. Once. With an exceptionally coordinated and aggressive Allied team.

Upvote 0
It is true, with a coordinated team, aggressive commanders and SLs the Soviets do have a modicum of chance. I am speaking from personal experience: yesterday I was commander, did some arty, kept force respawning and ordered people around a lot (no mike though, so it was chat and very little feedback on whether they were actually minding anything of what I was typing out).

Managed to grab Commissar's South after I snuck in there with one SL and got lucky with a stolen MkB - after that the attack petered out and we didn't manage to grab all caps, but we got out of the first three and got to the last set, IIRC. Admittedly, no tanks (due to a lower player count, ca. 15 a side).

These kind of extreme difficulty maps are definitely high reward, but at the moment, the difficulty for the Allies seem just a little bit too much. I was actually trembling with disbelief at how well (relatively speaking) we were doing.

Upvote 0
The map needs much better protected starting spawn for Allies.

+1

This map, playing as Allies against a fairly skilled team on Axis employing the exact "tactics" described in the OP, is the first time I've ever raged in this game. Just opened webadmin and switched it to Pavlov's House while we still had 50 reinforcements left.

Spawning in those small buildings is just a disaster. If enough of the German team moves forward there's literally nothing that the Allies can do unless they are the best twitch-shooter players on the face of the Earth I suppose.

I was getting killed running out of spawn for 5 minutes straight, but often I would take 2 or 3 Germans with me, but only by (what would otherwise be retarded) suicide grenade charges.

Please do something to *at least* keep the Allies' right flank clear coming out of the spawn. If it wasn't for the P4 parking on the far side of the map and hosing the spawns with MG fire, it would be playable. For now I'll just play it as the Axis every time.

I applaud that team's use of the terrain to provide cover, and their coordination in watching each possible exit from the Allies spawn. But is that really fun? And will it still be "skillful" or "tacitcal" once enough (usually uncoordinated) pubs see it in action and do it automatically at the start of the round?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't know, I feel like this map is actually OK. The problem is most people try to take B before A. If you have everyone run right up to the house in A, you can cap it from the outside area, without ever running into the house. Once you cap A, you quickly cap B, and A becomes greyed out for the Axis, so they cannot recapture. From there you move up to B or even cut across to C or D. I find this to be actually not bad. Of course it helps to have one or two competent tank commanders who can ward off enemy tanks, and a couple AT guys.

Spartanovka is infinitely more ridiculous to play as Allies, I just take a smoke break when I see Spartanovka load on the screen. It's a snooze-fest. The cap zones are THE ENTIRE WIDTH OF THE LEVEL? Really?!??

my 2 cents
TOPMO3

Reactions: Graphic
Upvote 0
After learning how to use the tanks, and how to kill PwnzerIV with the T-34, I can see the potential for breaking out of that terrible pithole start of the map.

One or both of th T-34 can speed to the open objective on the right and be safe for a moment. As they cap the objective, they have a turkey shoot on the Germans who try to get out of their little fortress - they are all defiladed and exposed to the co-ax MG and hull MG. What a massacre.

The PwnzerIV's cannot just sit around shooting with impunity. The T-34 seems to penetrate its armour all the time from any angle (at least on these short distances). But to then also make sure to hit the tiny ammunition bins inside is not easy - they are tiny targets. Takes some accurate gunning... But the PIV does go boom in a single shot if being accurate enough (it gives me a deep feeling of vengeful gratification - payback!). The optics of the T-34 are not the most user friendly either.

The PIV's are not the main problem for the T-34's in my opinion, but the engineers and AT infantry, who have trenches and that two story building in the open square (the objective itself). Allied infantry can't exactly hitch a ride with the T-34s all the way up there. The best solution is probably to use only one T-34 to cap the house, and the other for overwatch - picking off infantry that approaches the capping T-34 and taking out the Panzer IV's.

Can drive them up on the left side to pave the way for the infantry too. But stay away from the middle parts of the map.

I can't see that map being anywhere near playable balance without competent tankers, preferably two of them. If the commander and tanks could all just communicate properly to let each other know of intentions, threats (infantry, enemy tanks) the success chance would go up 10-fold. Someone with binoculars looking over the right side of the map to spot all the tanks and infantry. It would permit taking advantage of the T-34's awesome speed (How fast is it really vs the PIV? Should do a drag race test sometime).

Reactions: CrazyFingers
Upvote 0
Not one single "yeah I've seen it" response yet, in over a week of asking.

I've seen allies win 3 rounds in total. That may sound a lot, but that only resulted in an allied win once (2 rounds back to back). And that's out of many many rounds on that map for me. The start is tough enough even when the game came out. But the STG44's make matters worse, and the fact the defenders now know how to whore kills at the start is the icing on the cake.

And as always, the attackers task gets harder and harder as player numbers increase. Every time I've seen allies win a round, the server has been for 24 or so players. With 64 players, I've literally gone an entire round with 50% of my deaths either inside the spawn, of within 5 metres of the spawn building. Tanks, arty, you name it.

One personal gripe is that the first objective, once it becomes uncappable and an allies spawn... isn't spawn protected. I've seen Germans sit upstairs in that building killing the freshly spawned Russians. I've even seen Germans run into that uncappable spawn simply to start spawn killing.

Upvote 0