• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Commandos: the most useless perk ever?

The only thing I could I say, that we complete 3 man suicidal game with one medic (lvl5), one support (lvl3) and COMMANDO (lvl3). If you don't know how to play, that is your problem, it depends on your skill. I see alot of Sharpshooters, that are lvl 6 and still die on 5 wave, on HARD?!?! If I take SS perk, where is only 2% that I will die at all, as it is most powerful perk.

Upvote 0
Commando is the best perk for taking out the small stuff and leaving your teammates free to save their ammo/concentration on the big guys.

Firebug can fill the sweeper role as well, but on Suicidal you don't have the ammo to do more than light things on fire and hope they burn up before they get to you. Demo is obviously powerful as well but the smoke and minimum range are huge hindrances and you can't always waste ammo on a single target.

My core team is support, sharpshooter, demo or medic, and myself sweeping. They all vastly prefer what I bring as Commando than as anything else.

Upvote 0
Yes - you are the only one thinking that commando is useless.

Its one of the best AND most balanced perks in the game.

Firebug is currently the most useless perk in the game due having only one perk weapon and low ammo capacity.

nope, I ve busted 50 bloats on hard difficulty with 2 canisters. LV 3 firebug has a 140 capacity canister. Not to mention that fire grenades are deadly as hell.

In my opinion effectiveness goes like this:
sharpshooter > support > demo = firebug > medic = commando

Upvote 0
And that is certainly enough experience to start ranking perks and claiming some of them are useless.

dude, my perks are level 2 because i had to build the from squat since I had to format my hard drive a couple of months ago. Before, I hadd all perks on level 4, except for berserk, medic and commando (commando lv 3, Berserk lv 2, and no demolitions).

So, I think I have a little bit experience to tell you if a perk is useless or not. :cool:

Commando is awesome if you can play the game, otherwise it sucks; because you suck.

I didn

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've had the opposite problem, I started playing commando as my main perk and now other perks pale in comparison. Support (level 4 for me) is great at mowing down a hallway full of mobs but the pump shotty takes too long to reload for my tastes, compared to how quick an AK or SCAR - or even a bullpup - would take to clear it out.

When I first started playing as a commando I didn't care for the AK either, it's recoil is hard to get used to and the sight isn't as easy to use as the bullpup's. If you give the class some time and get used to firing short bursts (single shots while leaving the selector on full auto works best for me) the class will really impress you. One of the biggest skills to work on is to get used to hip firing the AK. Try to line up head shots at mid range without zooming in, then use the iron sights to see where you're really aiming at. Adjust and practice, once you can head shot from the hip (hip shooting meaning that you aren't using the iron sights of the weapon and have full walk speed and maneuverability) I think you'll like both the commando class and the AK47 a good deal more.

Upvote 0
dude, my perks are level 2 because i had to build the from squat since I had to format my hard drive a couple of months ago. Before, I hadd all perks on level 4, except for berserk, medic and commando (commando lv 3, Berserk lv 2, and no demolitions).

So, I think I have a little bit experience to tell you if a perk is useless or not. :cool:
I think you have just further proven that you have no idea what you're talking about.

Upvote 0
if you know how to aim, commando is (or was) one of the strongest perks.

however, I still need to figure out how tripwire designed commando to solo fleshpounds now that you can't decapitate them with your bullpup anymore. But besides that, probably the best sweeper perk in the game.

Not to disrespect, but being level 4 commando running normal mode isn't really what i would call experienced enough to judge if the perk is useless or not. Sorry. :p

(i have enough damage and kills for level 7+ and I made level 5 commando back when it had a really high stalker requirement - without boosting i might add).

nope, I ve busted 50 bloats on hard difficulty with 2 canisters.
Bloat, being volatile, take extra damage from fire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0