• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Combat Mission series!

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
EDIT: GO TO LAST POST

Is anyone else as obsessed with this series as I am? I actually bought the latest one first (Combat Mission Shock Force), but World War 2 Ostfront is so much more interesting so I backtracked to CMBB and CMAK.

The gameplay is simply unparalleled. The graphics on the earlier two (CMBB and CMAK) are aging, but still look decent enough.

The highlight for me is the TacAI (the individual unit AI), it's amazing that such a small dev team made something that blows the **** out of pretty much any typical RTS unit AI.

Check it out if you're interested in WW2 strategy games, here's a quick vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ERAkyGlmcQ

Also, a new game is coming out in the series in the next few months, the next CMx2 game, but this time set back in World War 2. First screenie on this page:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Normandy-abridged.html&Itemid=213

They're planning on making a Commonwealth addition following that, after that Bulge, and finally a return to Ostfront (within 2 years prolly). A shame we have to wait, but by that time the engine will be refined.

Hit me up on ICQ if you want to play tcp-ip: 418287681

Last edited:
I've had no troubles playing CMBB under vista, there's even a patch to make them work properly.

ah ok i just looked on the battlefront page :)

that patch was made after i installed vista and tried CMBB on it ^^

EDIT: oh great i just found out it A: costs money and B: i dont have an battlefront account
i bought the game years ago from a shady retailer, lost the disc and have to run it from downloaded images now
and it doesnt work under vista :(

anyways, i'll have a look if i can find a different image

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My only issue with later CM's after CMBO (after installing them to a new comp) had been the issue known as too good GPU with new comp.

I think I should try CMBB and CMAK again now that I have diffrent one. Might be fun to play online once in a while with some people and fail miserably :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I can't remember (nor find for the moment) the exact way to try the fix, go to your display driver setting and I believe you need to force anti-aliasing settings only to 2x\4x and override application preference.

If no luck, google can be useful friend.

nah thats not the problem, allthought i had that problem with my old card on win xp :D

thanks anyways

ill google tomorrow

Upvote 0
tbh i normally dont like those wargaming communities

due to the fact that they are mostly composed of old farts that one handedly kick your *** in tactical brilliancy while drinking a beer and talking with their wife :p

Yeah lol, a ton of ex-military types in their 40s.

But who else you gonna play against? The AI?

At first I got slaughtered every game (first 5) but now I'm winning about 60% so I think that's pretty good.

Upvote 0
Yeah lol, a ton of ex-military types in their 40s.

But who else you gonna play against? The AI?

At first I got slaughtered every game (first 5) but now I'm winning about 60% so I think that's pretty good.

tbh, yes instead of playing against tactical superbrains in their 40's+ id rather play against the AI, or against friends that suck just like me :p

Upvote 0