• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Colored Text.

Ossius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
Can we please get some word on this? Why aren't team colors associated with the players? It really bothers me trying to read that thin white text and not seeing at a glance whether it is friendly or not. Red and Greenish/blue was awesome contrasting colors in Ostfront that helped you pay attention to what was the enemy taunts or friendly commands.

We already have the font and text we should use in the Allies and Axis reinforcement count, why not just apply that to the chat? It worked great in RO1

Last edited:
Reactions: S.t.a.l.k.e.r.

Criticalt3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 30, 2011
I still don't know why commander shows up as grey sometimes...
It's so confusing.

Ossius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
Erm, pretty sure if you're seeing text, it's a friendly.
Press Y and you can talk to the enemy, it is also uncolored, the only difference is you'll see:
Ossian: Hello how are you?
Instead of
(Team)Ossian: Hello how are you?

Ossius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
90% of the time I don't even realize people are talking, the font is so small and unnoticeable on some maps the snowy ground is the same color as the text and it is driving me crazy.

slavek

Grizzled Veteran
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
90% of the time I don't even realize people are talking, the font is so small and unnoticeable on some maps the snowy ground is the same color as the text and it is driving me crazy.

I wish they would have a setting so we could also increase chat font size. I have to squint just to see it. :(

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
There should also be an indicator whether the writer is TL or SL or in the same FT etc.

The chat should have more rows and longer fade-out time as well

Ossius

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2011
I know this isn't really a bug and it isn't high on the list, but can we at least get a nod that they'll think about it?

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
Oh and we should also be able to chat between rounds and so forth. We should be able to chat constantly at all times except map change.

.KilrBe3

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Virginia, USA
www.shoutgfx.com
I know this isn't really a bug and it isn't high on the list, but can we at least get a nod that they'll think about it?
It should be high on the list, as I for one, never look at the chat.. one its filled with spamming rules by servers.. or its all just too white and im worried about playing.. Any other game chat catches my eye, RO2, nope.

Lettland

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 25, 2007
Denver, CO
I'd like a different color/font. I haven't looked, but for me it was much easier to keep an eye on chat on RO1 than RO2.

pii_smith

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 25, 2011
And if you are making the ingame chat more useable, can you also please fix the "vote screen" chat? There are even the names missing of the people writing. It is the perfect place to spit some anonymous hate.