• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CLASSIC Mode TL-Role suggestion

Außengeist_GER

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2013
Germany
The TL-Role is the most important on the field, but it happens way to often that a newbie take this role just for the weapons.

(I have nothing against newbies :), but like said the just take the role for the weapons AND DONT even read the chat).

So here are 4 suggestions, pls vote and leave a comment.

Which weapon should a TL get (in classic-mode)? :

Option 1) its ok like it is (Semiauto)

Option 2) Option 1, but add a "honorlevel-lock" for the TL-Role

Option 3) Bolt-action-Rifles ( like the Squadleaders)

Option 4) No Rifle, Mp at all (only normal pistol)

Last edited:
I would not like to lock out new people from the TL. How would they ever learn how to play the TL effectively?...I would much rather see the TLl only be allowed a bolt until honor level 35 or so... after that they have an option for the auto if they wish... that would keep new folks from grabbing the class just for the weapon and being totally clueless.

Upvote 0
As Trooper says, some sort of honor level lock would be the most appropriate, imo. I've been playing RO for years and while I'm very comfortable in the SL slot, I'm a bit intimidated by the TL slot. And were I to take it, I can only imagine the verbal (and written) lashing I'd take while trying to learn all of the nuances of the position. As a result, I just take a hero rifle slot or a hero SL slot and do my part as effectively as I can.

In public and open servers, there is a good chance that there will always be someone on the server taking a position that they are learning. No need to embarass them. Instruct them.

I think sometimes we all take the game a little too seriously. Help the other guy have fun, too.

Upvote 0