• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Charlie Sheen

DraKon2k

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Vienna, Austria
YouTube - ABC-Charlie Sheen Interview

YouTube - Charlie Sheen and His Goddesses

Since there is almost news about him every day, I thought I'd share the fun(although what he does is simply disgusting, especcially to his family). It's really sad how such a great actor(Platoon, Wall Street, Two and a Half man) can fall even lower than his role Charlie Harper. I say he won't survive 2011.

Last edited:
If so, I pledge to take care of the godesses...
I oppose this!

kxqgn1293711200.png

Problem?
faceg.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They day when "news" broadcasters choose to talk every day about an actor and his personal life, instead of real news IE world events (there's just a few countries in revolt right now) is a sad day, and a day where I no longer consider that "news organization" to be anything more then the steryotypical busy body spying on others lives (cue Mrs Kravitz ala Bewitched, oddly enough also from ABC).

That being said TV "news" Survives on sensationalism; Please consume one large block salt lick per 30 minutes of "information"; it helps to dull the taste of liquified feces.

*Rant over*

Upvote 0
There are plenty of good sources of news out there.. you've just gotta look for it. I watch News Hour with Jim Lehrer, the BBC, Deutsche Welle, Al-Jazeera and Democracy Now. Bill Moyers has also always been a great source of news and interviews, though his journal is only online now. You've also got Dan Rather and World Report on HDNet. Link TV is an excellent station as well, I recommend it if you can get it. I like me some Charlie Rose too, but that really isn't news.

Fox, CNN, MSNBC (though I sometimes enjoy Dylan Rant-again) are mostly opinion and definately have their way of angling the way they present the news. Honestly though, few people with a handful of brain cells to rub together go into those thinking it's actual news. You've got to take that junk with a grain of salt. One has to be able to parse content, to be able to corroborate several sources to verify a fact.

The dead giveaway that a 'news' source is more interested in the entertainment aspect is if more than 65% of the screen is taken up with useless fugging graphics.. and then those are coupled with massive, dramatically themed transitions, fade in's/out's. You know you're watching 'candy' when there's four or more out-of-the-woodworks overpaid talking heads shouting over one another. Because of this, I think sources like Al-Jazeera are refreshing.. and there really isnt anything 'bad' about that. The money hungry multi-media corporations do it to themselves (and I kind of enjoy watching it go to sh!t because of their greed).

As far as Charlie goes.. I've always enjoyed his work as an actor. I worry about him as I would any other human being who has a drug problem. The craziness you see is the drugs at work turning his life upside-down.. that isnt the real Charlie Sheen. I've had people really close to me who've dealt with heavy drug problems and it aint easy or pretty, but what you can't do is throw them away because they're acting like sh!t. It's one of those situations in life where he needs to be hit with a major epiphany and have some solid people around him to bring him back around. Sometimes they never do come around. I hope he does.

Reactions: DraKon2k and TT33
Upvote 0
Al-Jazeera English is usually pretty balanced in its reporting, imo. Dunno about the Arabic version.

I would imagine that, as it is mostly owned by Qatari businessmen (and a Syrian guy, who I happen to know.. but that's another story), it has a little more invested in the status quo than some might think healthy, particularly given recent events in the arab world.

It would be interesting to see their take on the Charlie Sheen story...

"And now, what people in the West are getting thier panties in a bunch about, rather than follwoing anything of actual significance...."

Reactions: TT33
Upvote 0