• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Changing volume of certain effects

eckojay

Jun 5, 2014
I love that ejected rounds have some persistence to them in this game and I noticed that they make a sound when they hit surfaces. However, it is extremely quiet and damn near impossible to hear over the game.

I can barely even hear them in the silence of the editor. I feel like hearing the sound of shells hitting the ground during combat would give the gunplay a much more satisfying feel.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I might increase the overall volume of these sound files? I would ask where to find them too but I figure I should at least do something myself.

Mundgodt

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 2, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yea, im wondering the same thing. not just the sound you were talking about, but pretty much HALF of all the ambient sounds just cant be heard AT ALL. I really want this fixed, or a way to increast the volume of them!

Dragonblade_902

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 20, 2012
Soon Canada
You could always attempt to rip the audio source itself and increase the volume in Audacity then reimplement the sound back into the game. But I think that would put you into a mismatch issue if it's a upk file.

mistincat

Jan 18, 2015
England
A lot of sfx need audio enhancement, including the reloads sounds of the pistols. Some sounds are just way to quiet.

Gia

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 27, 2015
I believe you have to recreate the bnk files with higher volume settings, not sure if there is a "master bnk", you could increase the volume of the sfx bus and increase all the sfx in one go that way.

yup there is one, now just crack the format and edit the volume of Master Audio Bus/HDR/WEP

Last edited: