• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Carry Dual Handcannon + 2 primaries

I hate it when people post how to exploit glitches for all to see. This increases the number of people who exploit the glitches and takes away from the fun. That and in some games, like Guildwars, when someone teaches everyone how to do something that something usually ends up being removed. Take the gate glitch for instance, I wouldn't have had a problem with the gate glitch if not for the fact that every noob who plays abused it... but since someone went around teaching everyone how to do it everyone did it.

Upvote 0
I hate it when people post how to exploit glitches for all to see. This increases the number of people who exploit the glitches and takes away from the fun. That and in some games, like Guildwars, when someone teaches everyone how to do something that something usually ends up being removed. Take the gate glitch for instance, I wouldn't have had a problem with the gate glitch if not for the fact that every noob who plays abused it... but since someone went around teaching everyone how to do it everyone did it.
I totally agree with you. If you are going to find a glitch, then figure it out yourself, or look on some other internet site. When you learn how to do it, keep it to yourself. This isn't a tactic, it's cheating.

Upvote 0
i prefer the opposite.

go ahead and post it on the games official forums. makes it more evident to the software producers and as a result, can remove the glitch from the game making a better experience for everyone that cares about the game.
I can understand that, but then why not just report the glitch to the Devs, rather than posting it to teach everyone how to abuse the game. The problem isn't the glitches, it's the players. There are so many people on here who think just because they can means they should, and most times it doesn't stop at that, they think they're entitled to do so. Which is why you get the wannabes out there who cry when you make it so they can't abuse the game.

Upvote 0

No thats effectively saying the Gate Glitch (assuming your talking about the 1 in AB?) would be fine if it was only you using it and not everyone. It NEEDED fixing. Its like saying the glitch on TF2 allowing you to put Sentries under the map would be fine if only you knew how to do it. You may not have a problem with it but it doesn't mean it shouldn't get removed immediately.

Upvote 0
I can understand that, but then why not just report the glitch to the Devs, rather than posting it to teach everyone how to abuse the game. The problem isn't the glitches, it's the players. There are so many people on here who think just because they can means they should, and most times it doesn't stop at that, they think they're entitled to do so. Which is why you get the wannabes out there who cry when you make it so they can't abuse the game.

fair enough. As long as the message gets to the devs i'm fine either way.

and let the noobs cry. one day they may look back at their posts and realise how bad they really were/are.

Upvote 0
No thats effectively saying the Gate Glitch (assuming your talking about the 1 in AB?) would be fine if it was only you using it and not everyone. It NEEDED fixing. Its like saying the glitch on TF2 allowing you to put Sentries under the map would be fine if only you knew how to do it. You may not have a problem with it but it doesn't mean it shouldn't get removed immediately.
I'm not saying it was fine for only me to use the gate glitch, I was one of the people telling them to get down or booting them. I just hated how everytime I'd go to london there'd be four to five people per party up there and if you blew the gate up so they couldn't go up their they'd be helpless. I've had several times where players died in beginner mode because they couldn't get up to the top of the gate and they sucked (understatment) when forced to play correctly.

My point was that if you find a glitch don't teach it to everyone, if you want it fixed just report it. If you don't want it fixed don't teach it to everyone, but don't abuse it either. Teaching players how to glitch takes the fun out of the game for those who are good enough to play correctly, and largely increases the number of dur dah durr players because instead of learning to play cooperatively they just hide in safety and let teammates die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not saying it was fine for only me to use the gate glitch, I was one of the people telling them to get down or booting them. I just hated how everytime I'd go to london there'd be four to five people per party up there and if you blew the gate up so they couldn't go up their they'd be helpless. I've had several times where players died in beginner mode because they couldn't get up to the top of the gate and they sucked (understatment) when forced to play correctly.

My point was that if you find a glitch don't teach it to everyone, if you want it fixed just report it. If you don't want it fixed don't teach it to everyone, but don't abuse it either. Teaching players how to glitch takes the fun out of the game for those who are good enough to play correctly, and largely increases the number of dur dah durr players because instead of learning to play cooperatively they just hide in safety and let teammates die.

Sadly thats how it works. It was the same with Left 4 Dead on No Mercy - Sewers and the door exploit. 90% of teams would go straight to it and skip the crescendo 'in the name of winning', because you could tell that the majority of the players were pathetic and couldn't actually cope with the crescendo event.

If you want something like glitches/exploits fixing it needs to be a major problem to gameplay before most devs bother to take notice.

Upvote 0