• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] can't launch RO (Maybe Darkest Hour related)

Hi,

i have been playing RO for months without any problem, until today.

Now, when i launch the game i have the following error:

"Runtime Error!
Program:...,\steamapps\common\red orchestra\System\RedOrchestra.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

Just before i have started the download of Darkest Hour Mod, through Steam.

I suspended it along the way (i was so anxious to play RO and the DL was slowing my connection <g>) and i've deleted its local contents.

And now i can't play.

Help please!

Deleted RO/Steam and reinstalled everything last time , it was a long download but it paid off since now DH and RO works perfectly .

In my opinion , this error was provoked by the fact that i had already the Darkest hour mod , and when i tried the download the "new" DH mod through steam , i deleted the "old" DH mod folder During the download of the "new" DH mod .

This is probably what messed it up although i'm not sure , but opting for the extremist solution of deleting and reinstalling everything solves the problem although it costed me about 4 hours of re-downloading as my internet connexion sucks .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would just move your redorchestra.ini out and delete darkesthour.ini.
Start DH it will build a new Darkesthour.ini. Dont forget to make your tweaks to this cachesize comes to mind. You can then put your Red O .ini file back in its place so you dont have to re-edit it as well. I was having the same troubles depicted here and the above is what I found via trial and error.

Unreal, that worked.. Thanks heaps.

Upvote 0
mmmm?

mmmm?

Hey, i get same error (pure virtual function call...) followed by this bug report :

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2400 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (8250)

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsViewport::UWindowsViewport <- CloseWindow <- UViewport::Destroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UObject::ConditionalDestroy <- (WindowsViewport Package.WindowsClient.WindowsViewport) <- UWindowsClient::NewViewport <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I tried your fix but didnt work.
What do you mean DivineHammer by : "Dont forget to make your tweaks to this cachesize comes to mind."
Please explain.
Thanks a bunch.

Upvote 0