• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Can't join empty server

Floyd

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
I don't know if this is a server issue or a client issue. It has happened to me twice.

In Skirmish gamemode, if I join my own dedicated server (on a server farm) and now players are on, the following happens.

I join the server. Select the team and role I want. Click Ready. The title bar at the top starts counting down the seconds until the skirmish begins. The counter hits zero and nothing.

While I was looking around the webadmin on my laptop, someone joined the server. On my game computer, I could hear him capturing objectives. I could chat (text) with him in public, BUT I DID NOT SEE HIS NAME. NOR DID THE PAGE I WAS ON EVER CHANGE.

I tried changing my role, joining his team, etc. etc. I can't recall whether I had to restart the game or just exit the server and rejoin before I could play.

This happened again today. Both times were on a skirmish server.

I'm wondering if this is happening to everybody that tries to join the empty skirmish server. Ideas? Things to check?

Thanks.