• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't highlight walls in SDK

I seem to be having a problem with the SDK. I finally got around to downloading it today and trying it out. I can't seem to highlight any walls to texture them differently. I have used the Unreal Editor (for Unreal 2k4) a bit before and never had this problem. I can't seem to select anything really. If I use "ctrl" and clicking I can select the red boxes after about 20 tries, but I can't select any walls in my subtracted space. I have tried right/left clicking with ctrl, alt and shift and nothing works. Also, I have a fairly top end computer and the editor takes 15 minutes to load every time, not just the first time. If anyone could help me with these problems, it would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, actually, I figured it out using google, should have thought to use that first. Apparently my vid card was forcing anti-aliasing on everything. So to fix the problem (if anyone else has it) is to right click on your desktop, go to properties->settings->advanced and find out how to turn off anti-aliasing for your vid card (for the overall settings, just set it to application preference) This will fix the problem and allow you to select walls.

Edit*

Actually, I still have the 15 minute loading problem. Every time I start up, it takes 15 minutes to load. The editor likes to crash a lot and its getting a little tiresome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0