• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Can you recommend any good apps?

D3terioNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Hey yall

Just got an iphone and been playing about with some apps. Most have been pointless but can you recommend any decent ones? Free or paid it doesnt matter :cool:

Peter.Steele

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 6, 2006
Chambers of the Grand Council
- Bookshelf LT (free ebook reader, capability of downloading / displaying several formats - this is what my iPhone mostly gets used for!)

- Google Earth, although ... I'm not sure how really useful it is, since it pretty well just replicates that Maps app

- ICanHasCheezburger. Flip through pix from ICHC, FailBlog, EngrishFunny, GraphJam, and several other sites.

- Space Deadbeef. Fun side-scroll shooter

- AirMaster. 3D flight shooter

- DogWhistler. Annoy friends and co-workers with high frequency sounds. Oddly, dogs and cats don't seem to care about it however.

- Flashlight. High-brightness white screen, for use in dark rooms as a flashlight. You can set it for strobing and other colors, too.

- Thumper. Whack-a-Mole, with the ability to use custom photographs ... including your boss, ex-wife, etc.

- SuicideGirls. Flip the phone upside down, watch their clothes come off!

- Minesweeper. Uhh ... just what it sounds like.

- iConvert. The only paid application I have, and it was cheap. Unit conversion that I use at work a lot. you can convert very nearly ANY kind of unit to any other kind of unit. Includes even some archaic measurements - rods, furlongs, stone - and several less commonly used ones, or ones found generally only in industry.

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
so yesterday they announced the new iPhone 3G S and you just bought an iPhone? sounds a bit .... don't be offended .... stupid to me ^^
however, there are loads of nice apps around, but I'm not up-to-date anymore since I changed my old iPhone 2G with an Android phone

D3terioNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Err no I didnt buy it, its on contract so its FREE!

And I didnt want to wait for the new one as the current i-phone is gonna have the same software :rolleyes:

Bobdog

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Texas
Get a wikipedia client, there are a lot of good free ones; I use Wikipanion.

Admit One is a really good app for finding movie times, reviews, buying tickets, etc. (It even has netflix integration)

The google app is supposed to be really good as well.

As I'm a cheap bastard, all those are free :)

D3terioNation

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2005
West Sussex, UK
Yeh 61 quid on payg which is nuts really!

Dont know what the offers are gonna be when it comes out but my contract has ended and I wanted the iphone NOW! :D

Keep em coming!

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
mhhh at least T-Mobile germany will allow stuff like tethering etc.
I'm really thinking about getting the new iPhone, as I am someone who works for the Telekom i will surely get it a lot cheaper (usually 30% off) ^^

Fu. Svedberg

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sweden
Vay: a port of a Sega CD jrpg, really good one if you like jrpgs
Wolfenstein 3D
Myst

More will come later when I have more time

EDIT://

Locly: find restaurants, pubs, caf

mistk�fer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
Berlin
mhh the standard browser doesnt show the twi forums and opera mini doesn't like the link....stupid mobile phones ^^
but when the 3gs arrives i will try it and think about if it's worth switching from my beloved g1