• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

can you lean ?

nice find Nezzer
and your right i didnt see a setting there for lean

this is very disturbing

FPS on the pc has to have lean

this could be a major mistake

It does have lean, although I agree it seems silly for tripwire not to include leaning while not in cover. Although I think they did. There's a screenshot of a Russian leaning around a chimney (clearly not in cover) to shoot a German.

Upvote 0
I think he's talking about one of the oldest screenies, this one, where the guy is actually leaning:
Spoiler!

Dunno it's just posed and had never been implemented or if they've removed it at a later stage. Perhaps the feature is still there, you never know :p

Upvote 0
thank you nezzer !!!
thats a great looking screenshot
:D

i dunno maybe i just getting myself worked up but with all the cosole ports fps taking leaning out of the game i get really worried

i dont see how the game could go through beta testing and nobody not bring it up

i watched that video again .. the one with the 2 vs 2 firefight mode and the guy was trying to use that cover system instead of lean to look around a door past a truck .. it looked like a complicated pain

FPS on the PC needs lean
i hope a beta tester or a tripwire guy comes in here and sets my mind at ease

Upvote 0
Just rewatched the soviet video, and I couldn't notice any leaning of the player (although I saw a few parts where he actually should:p)

However I am 99% certain that it is still in. The cover systemn is an addition to the game and not a replacement. Also they said that people who don't like the cover system can easily ignore it, so that measn lean is in.
-no source-

But I agree that the video(s) contain a few or no lean at all without cover.

edit: Would be weird if q/e would work in cover but wouldn't work outside cover

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wouldn't miss leaning, to be honest. It might be a valuable game mechanism, but it is also sort of peculiar. I mean, I don't think many soldiers in WWII have actually walked next to a doorpost, then leaned their upper body such that only their head is visible from the other side. Nor do I consider it likely that people have been defending doorposts by standing like that for minutes (it gives you strong abs!).

Upvote 0
very obvious that's it's still in. there's too many situations that require leaning without being anywhere close to cover.

some recent spate of news on realism and historical accuracy show twi dropping the ball, but lets give them the benefit of a doubt here. gameplay mechanics-wise, there's no ball dropping.

Upvote 0