• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we have the 2015 main menu theme back?

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Im honestly tired of hearing same uninspired rocky gray piece of "du du du, dudududududu, du..."
    ​​​​​i want to hear the Outbrake again that you just recognise as killing floor.
    Or at least have multiple menu soundtracks rotate with each visit.... Or idk, add a legacy menu theme as an option in audio menu?

Last edited:
    Reactions: Musicaholic800
    Yoshiro Please.

​​​​​​​
    Dr. Lethal;n2333800 said:
    When exactly did the menu music get changed? I want the original music back as well, cause the current song sucks compared to everything else Rocky Gray has made.

i honestly can't even recall when, feels like forever.... Over a year for sure.
    Edit: according to comments i was right, it was over a year ago.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Can't you just replace one file with another? Audio files located at killingfloor2\KFGame\BrewedPC\WwiseAudio\Windows

Their names are but numbers, but if you sort the folder by file size the first to come will be music tracks.

To avoid using wwise you can use tools such as Divinity Sound Converter to convert them to .ogg in order to preview.

Upvote 0
    Come on guys, that's just nitpicking at that point.

Considering the fact that we've been begging for a better Zedconomy system, reworks of some skill trees, more quality of life improvement...And now, concerns over the weapons' dlcs... I think we can at least leave them alone over the soundtrack.

Truth be told, I don't even listen to the game's OST anymore. After 400+ hours, it just gets a bit samey... I just play my own tracks.

Upvote 0
    I too have a fondness and priority for legacy aspects of my favorite games. I support the OP desire for the the original music.

However, i also like to venture forth into new things. I don't know why Tripwire is lagging behind on this, but the most popular soundtrack genre nowadays in horror zombie shooters is .... hardcore, industrial yodeling. Yep, nothing gets gamers psyched more for senseless combat that smiling Franzl Lang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQhqikWnQCU

Upvote 0