• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we get a Item sale for PS4 this summer?

LunaticMaster

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Finland
So we here at PS4 are still waiting for a item sale where we can buy crate bundles & Weapon dlc bundles at discounted prices.
So i'm once again asking if we finally getting a Item Sale this summer?

I haven't bought any dlc weapon bundle on PS4 because i promised to myself to wait till a item sale. Are we ever going to get a item sale or not? You guys talk about that it's not up to you to decide when to launch an item sale event, but i believe it somewhat is. You guys need to contact the Playstation staff and ask them, "when can we give these PS4 peasants a item sale event?"

Please developers.

I'm on PC, but I sympathize with your plight. It sounds like we kinda get "special treatment," which doesn't seem right. We already have the benefit of the Steam Marketplace here, where we can search out and buy the specific cosmetics we want instead of always relying on crates and such. Why should we be the only ones to get sales, too? If anything, you should get even MORE of a sale, since you have to rely on RNG to get stuff you want.

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention that I'm well aware that many people subscribe to the ongoing "PC Master-race vs. Console Supremacy" battle. But in the end, we all deserve the same (or at least similar) benefits, similar to an equal-opportunity employer.

Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0
I'm on PC, but I sympathize with your plight. It sounds like we kinda get "special treatment," which doesn't seem right. We already have the benefit of the Steam Marketplace here, where we can search out and buy the specific cosmetics we want instead of always relying on crates and such. Why should we be the only ones to get sales, too? If anything, you should get even MORE of a sale, since you have to rely on RNG to get stuff you want.

EDIT: Oh, and I should mention that I'm well aware that many people subscribe to the ongoing "PC Master-race vs. Console Supremacy" battle. But in the end, we all deserve the same (or at least similar) benefits, similar to an equal-opportunity employer.
You are a true gamer my friend.
Yeah i'm really hoping that we get a universal/cross platform sale for all platforms this summer (PC,PS4,XBONE)
I mean i vowed that i will only buy the DLC guns from sales. But i'm still waiting for that sale.
Come on TWI! Please give us PS4 players a item sale too! :(

Reactions: GigaBowserX
Upvote 0
I feel the exact same way: I only want to buy DLC weapons on a sale, and only the ones I'm truly interested in. So, during a previous sale, I tried out several DLC weapons using the console. I finally decided on the Grim Treatments bundle, which has two of the weapons together. That bundle is already a slight discount, and getting it even more discounted during the sale was really the only way to finally get the weapons at a decent price - well, my personal idea of a decent price, I guess.

That gets me wondering: is there even a console on consoles (that's a bit confusing, I guess XD) with which to enable cheats and type commands in-game? I guess you can try out the DLC weapons through the "sharing" mechanic if you're playing multiplayer and someone in your lobby happens to have already bought them, but it wouldn't be very convenient to just hope someone has the ones you want to test.

Anyway, here's hoping TWI gives you your sale!

Upvote 0
GigaBowserX about the console commands. On PS4 there is no way to gain access to the console commands. So we can't try out the new guns before buying them.
We basically have to go to youtube to check out videos about the guns.
No way! Man, that really sucks. :( I guess there is still the possibility of trying them out if someone else in your lobby already has them, at least.

Reactions: LunaticMaster
Upvote 0