• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC C4 now messed up

®omano

Grizzled Veteran
May 14, 2009
France
www.hellsoldiers.tk
Since last update, C4 has been moved to the TOOLS like welder or syringe.. first this is wrong and is very annoying to switch between your perk weapons as DEMO, you can't trigger zed time and switch to C4 in time for some good old Nukes..

Also when you have C4 in hands, and heal, then you get back to the KNIFE in hands.

I don't know who though it was a good idea at TWI to have this change that nobody asked for, but this is retarded. As a demo I want my weapons in the WEAPONS menu (like it always have been) not in the tools menu where reaching them need to master weapon switching with hotkeys or to skip lot of other weapons/tools to reach to it..

Bring C4 like before or at least add an option to have the choice ([X] Normal C4 menu / [_] Retarded C4 placement in menu)

Honestly i don't mind the change (since its something i wanted all along...)
Since now you don't have a clutter of 3 weapons in one slot, now you have c4 instantly accessible with a push of one button (because its always at the top). The only downside being is that you have to get muscle memory up to speed for the c4 being in a different slot.

Upvote 0
I don't use the hotkeys to change weapons, so this is why I think this change is bad. If I need to now use hotkeys to be able to play demo properly this is annoying I need to scroll like a mad man and switch to the proper weapon and still I'm most likely unable to switch to C4 in time for short zed time..

I don't want to use hotkeys to switch weapons, I want to continue to use the mouse wheel.

edit: by the way, you don't have three weapons when having C4, but two, your main usually RPG and then C4. Or maybe you're using some weird loadout? Anyway for me demo is ****ed up now because of this little change.

Before I just had to do one mouse wheel click and I had my C4 (which is secondary demo weapon), now I need to struggle in menus because....... wait? because what? can someone at TWI explain this change?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
omano;n2318808 said:
by the way, you don't have three weapons when having C4, but two, your main usually RPG and then C4. Or maybe you're using some weird loadout? Anyway for me demo is ****ed up now because of this little change.

I guess that your loadout is weird, but opinions aside...

I don't think it's a retarded idea, it helps a lot when you have 2 guns to use (as demo or survivalist). Wouldn't hurt if we have the option to choose between the places where it should be.

Upvote 0
C4 was fine on the primary slot, and the move to the tools slot is a bit annoying. I'd like to see the change reverted.
In KF2, the primary slot gets a bit overcrowded with 3 or 4 items sometimes, but not much with C4. The ammo supply gives C4 little value offperk. M16+M79+C4 is a kind of weird loadout, and is the only loadout of demo onperk weapons that would crowd the primary slot with three.
You have to cycle past C4 to equip the syringe with it on the tools slot, so if you try to heal someone in a hurry the way you're used to, oops, you threw c4 behind them.

Upvote 0