• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

British voice actors

SCUM has been recording lines here and there at his school. He has sent me a few. Obviously he is supportive of all the mods, but not sure if he is planning on putting in the needed time to make these recordings.

Is it required that EVERY line be recorded that is in the Vanilla game? Or could the huge list of lines be reduced to promote productivity?

Upvote 0
Scum Is recording double the amount of variations for each line lol. I told him that we mostly just need 4 different variations and a few more for the more common lines. But he has as many as 10 for some of the ones that only need 4.

I do have a second voice actor. Well someone who said he would do it. Keeps saying he will too even though it's been a month.

Upvote 0
I've also just done a buttload of research on British WW2 Artillery call ins. What they all said to one another.

Keeping the pace of the game in mind an Artillery call out would sound something like this.

"Hullo, Easy troop target, HE one one seven, cap on, Target Mike Two Four, north Three Hundred, west One Fifty, Concentrate on Number three, six rounds gunfire ten seconds, sweep two degrees, out."

This is firing from an already existing target. Which we can assume they would already have the guns pointed at a target. Ordering an artillery strike on a brand new target takes like 2 minutes.

The British did in fact open all formal radio communications with "Hullo" spelt with a U because why not. "Easy Troop target" is the officer telling the battery which Troop to use. Troops from Able to Fox for a battery 4 guns in a troop. The next bit is telling them what ammunition to use which can actually be omitted and the battery itself will use whatever standard ammunition has been set. The next is telling them where to fire and currently its telling them to fire a certain amount of yards away from a preset target. In this case Mike 24. "Concentrate on No.3" means that all guns will fire where the number 3 gun is firing. The No.3 gun always fires exactly where the target is set while the other guns fire a few yards to the sides. And in game all barrages are concentration barrages. "6 rounds, gunfire, 10 seconds" is telling them to fire a round every 10 seconds until they have fired 6 rounds each. I don't know exactly how many seconds are between each in game "Salvo". "Sweep 2 degrees is telling them to move the gun 2 degrees to the left of the center, then 2 degrees to the right of the center between each round. Which is sorta represented in the game as I swear artillery moves slightly each salvo. And out is obviously the end of the conversation.

This fits nicely in the time before the reply comes which seems to be about 17 seconds.

Artillery guns were all on the regimental radio frequency. So specifying who you were wasn't necessary unless you were asked. If you wanted artillery you got artillery. If you wanted reinforcements you got reinforcements.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These should be the lines used for artillery call ins. If we are gonna get more voice actors. I'll tell Scum to use these. I also might decide to become the British radio operator.

Mortars
"Hullo, Three inch Mortar platoon target, HE rounds, Target Baker seven, South one fifty, east two fifty, Concentrate, Six rounds gunfire. Soft targets in the open, over."

Artillery
"Hullo, Charlie troop target, HE one one seven, Target Mike Two Four, north Three Hundred, west One Fifty, Concentrate on Number three, six rounds gunfire ten seconds, sweep two degrees, over."

Heavy artillery/naval.
"Hullo, Battery gunfire target, HE one one seven, cap on, Target Uncle two one, South East Three hundred, concentrate, one round troop fire from the left, over."

Upvote 0