• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BOTs

utek

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
Taken from the RS2 trello roadmap:
"We are currently investigating new navmesh techniques which would potentially allow us to re-introduce bots to the game further down the line (bots are NOT supported with 1.08), along with new actions which bots would be able to carry out.

This does not work with maps with the current navmesh systems - plus we don't know if it will actually work out, so don't hold your breath"

Did it work?

Because i would really like to see BOTs in single player mode. Like in the older Battlefield games, that i still play from time to time.

I strongly disagree. The time & effort should be focused on creating PvP content.
Not everyone is ready to jump in the brutal MP experience right away, some need some "training" and bots are great for that.

And sometimes i would like to just take it slow, kill some stuff,enjoy the atmosphere,take some long sniper shots...
and yeah RO1 has bots, (back in the day i started my Red Orchestra franchise experience with bots and i fell in love with it!)
RO2 has bot, RS2 Vietnam kinda has bots, so why stop now?

Upvote 0
Not everyone is ready to jump in the brutal MP experience right away, some need some "training" and bots are great for that.

And sometimes i would like to just take it slow, kill some stuff,enjoy the atmosphere,take some long sniper shots...
and yeah RO1 has bots, (back in the day i started my Red Orchestra franchise experience with bots and i fell in love with it!)
RO2 has bot, RS2 Vietnam kinda has bots, so why stop now?
Because RS2 development team fulfilled their contract and left making '83 game instead. Nobody is going to bother looking through source code for a game with abandoned support.

Upvote 0