• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

BOTs

utek

Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
Taken from the RS2 trello roadmap:
"We are currently investigating new navmesh techniques which would potentially allow us to re-introduce bots to the game further down the line (bots are NOT supported with 1.08), along with new actions which bots would be able to carry out.

This does not work with maps with the current navmesh systems - plus we don't know if it will actually work out, so don't hold your breath"

Did it work?

Because i would really like to see BOTs in single player mode. Like in the older Battlefield games, that i still play from time to time.

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
It improved them somewhat but not as far as we would have liked. The implementation is in game and bots can be spawned offline via console.

Reactions: utek

utek

Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
It improved them somewhat but not as far as we would have liked. The implementation is in game and bots can be spawned offline via console.
Yeah i know about the console bot spawn, but they are not that smart 🧠 and life like.

Is additional work planed?

utek

Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
Thanks for the fast answers! Kinda sad, but the show must go on.

Any talented modders out there who can do it?

Anyway, BOTs(in a single player mode) are a must have, in the next Red Orchestra game.

Reactions: [~AJ~]LUK

utek

Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
I strongly disagree. The time & effort should be focused on creating PvP content.
Not everyone is ready to jump in the brutal MP experience right away, some need some "training" and bots are great for that.

And sometimes i would like to just take it slow, kill some stuff,enjoy the atmosphere,take some long sniper shots...
and yeah RO1 has bots, (back in the day i started my Red Orchestra franchise experience with bots and i fell in love with it!)
RO2 has bot, RS2 Vietnam kinda has bots, so why stop now?

NorthDumpling

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Not everyone is ready to jump in the brutal MP experience right away, some need some "training" and bots are great for that.

And sometimes i would like to just take it slow, kill some stuff,enjoy the atmosphere,take some long sniper shots...
and yeah RO1 has bots, (back in the day i started my Red Orchestra franchise experience with bots and i fell in love with it!)
RO2 has bot, RS2 Vietnam kinda has bots, so why stop now?
Because RS2 development team fulfilled their contract and left making '83 game instead. Nobody is going to bother looking through source code for a game with abandoned support.

utek

Aug 20, 2010
Slovenia
Because RS2 development team fulfilled their contract and left making '83 game instead. Nobody is going to bother looking through source code for a game with abandoned support.
I know that,... what i mean is, i want bots single player in the next RO game.

[~AJ~]LUK

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 3, 2017
There is not.
Hi, would it be possible, to just allow server to use the bots at least to spawn a bunch via command?
it is very hard to get a Server going if you do not have at least 10 people joining and with bots you could at least play a bit and wait and hope for mor Humans to join

Yoshiro

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
Staff member
Oct 10, 2005
If someone wanted to get bots running on a server it would take a very simple mutator to make happen. This would unrank the server and that is intended.