• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Bots in PIE?

ROEngine.INI

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
InEditorGameURLOptions=?minplayers=16?maxplayers=32

I've tested that in house on the released (shipping) SDK and it works. :) Naturally, you can change the numbers to suit your needs.

NOTE: You cannot commit changes to .INI files with the game/editor running.

Thanks Swag!

So once I've put 'InEditorGameURLOptions=?minplayers=16?maxplayers=32' in the ROEngine.INI do I write anything in the console as well?
Coz I tried this but didn't get any bots.

edit: Also is there a way to copy the whole WorldInfo settings from one map to another?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused: It's not working? I will test again when I get to work on Monday.

UPDATE:

I tested it just now, and it indeed DID work with the shipping (released) RO2 SDK through Steam.

I opened ROEngine.INI from my home directory (ROGame/Config/ROEngine.INI)

Old Value
Code:
[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
InEditorGameURLOptions=
New Value
Code:
[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
InEditorGameURLOptions=?minplayers=16?maxplayers=32 -log

I then opened the editor, loaded my map, pressed the play in window button in the editor. After I spawned in, 7 more bots spawned in while I waited for the start timer to finish. Then we (the bots and I) went to do our thang.

Again, I cannot stress enough, have the game and editor CLOSED when doing this. I can get a couple editors going at a time and forget to close them when I am updating INI files and loose it all after I close the editor.

Upvote 0
:confused: It's not working? I will test again when I get to work on Monday.

UPDATE:

I tested it just now, and it indeed DID work with the shipping (released) RO2 SDK through Steam.

I opened ROEngine.INI from my home directory (ROGame/Config/ROEngine.INI)

Old Value
Code:
[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
InEditorGameURLOptions=
New Value
Code:
[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
InEditorGameURLOptions=?minplayers=16?maxplayers=32 -log

I then opened the editor, loaded my map, pressed the play in window button in the editor. After I spawned in, 7 more bots spawned in while I waited for the start timer to finish. Then we (the bots and I) went to do our thang.

Again, I cannot stress enough, have the game and editor CLOSED when doing this. I can get a couple editors going at a time and forget to close them when I am updating INI files and loose it all after I close the editor.

It still won't friggin work for me :(

Upvote 0
Gleedo, are bots working for you in the main game? and are you editing the right ROEngine file in Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

I think I was editing the wrong one at some point. If you have edited the wrong one make sure you've removed the line...maybe it's conflicting with the right one.

Upvote 0
Gleedo, are bots working for you in the main game?

Yes.

and are you editing the right ROEngine file in Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Config

Yes.

I think I was editing the wrong one at some point. If you have edited the wrong one make sure you've removed the line...maybe it's conflicting with the right one.

I have only edited the one in my documents but I will check the other one just in case. I also had the missing -log part but that made no difference.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is relevant, but looking at my ROEngine.ini it has the 'InEditorGameURLOptions=?minplayers=16?maxplayers=32' written twice. Once under the [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] section and then again in the section below that called [UnrealEd.UnrealEdEngine]

This 2nd line must get created when I run the editor (?) as I didn't write that in there. But might be worth putting it in and see what happens. Its at the very bottom of that section. It's a long shot I know.

Upvote 0