• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bloody hell

I think it points more toward just how OP the Crossbow is in 1014, as well as how limited the Flamethrower can be sometimes. That's just part of the perk though, the Flamethrower (in a Firebug's hands) has strengths that make up for those limitations.

My question is: Does anyone know an effective off-perk Flamethrower setup? I honestly can't think of a single reason to use the Flamethrower as a non-Firebug.

My other question is: OP, were you intoxicated in any way when you made this thread? It is veeeery random.

Upvote 0
I think it points more toward just how OP the Crossbow is in 1014, as well as how limited the Flamethrower can be sometimes. That's just part of the perk though, the Flamethrower (in a Firebug's hands) has strengths that make up for those limitations.

My question is: Does anyone know an effective off-perk Flamethrower setup? I honestly can't think of a single reason to use the Flamethrower as a non-Firebug.

My other question is: OP, were you intoxicated in any way when you made this thread? It is veeeery random.

Off-perk flamer....i've done it quite a bit as a demo.
DoT damage + m79, instead of popping 2-3 shells of the m79 on a huge group of gorefasts or bloats, its one tap of the flamer...let them burn a bit and just 1 shell from the m79. Pretty economic :p

And with medic, (this is usually for fun)
Run speed + DoT damage, can kite the zeds pretty easily with it, but then again, unless you're ninja like, those husks can be annoying + fps (on suicidal) can catch up to ya if ya got no obstacles to run around with.

I wouldn't really advise using flamers as an off-perk, even if ya tap, the recoil isn't very convienient, + there are other better options ( xbow, scar, ak, even a normal shotgun is better, HCs, Hunting shotgun, katana etc)

Upvote 0
Enjoy it while you still can.

This :)

And yes, coming from a Medic/Firebug the crisp effect is very handy for Medics, slows Zeds down, the DOT is just as effective for the Medic as the Firebug, and the Medics armour has little to fear from being set on fire. Randomaly I decided to make this in paint :)

firemedic.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And yes, coming from a Medic/Firebug the crisp effect is very handy for Medics, slows Zeds down, the DOT is just as effective for the Medic as the Firebug, and the Medics armour has little to fear from being set on fire.

Actually the damage over time is higher for firebugs, along with the actual jet of flame.. but the armour thing is probably a good point. Never tried it as a medic, myself.

But to me this is just saying it's a viable weapon in case you're the last guy surviving a wave, not something you WANT to buy and plan to use.

Upvote 0
People take it too serious sometimes though. :p

true as that is, it is more fun when its a nice, varied, balanced game.

I just hate it when people go and say 'the LAR is overpowered', or 'cuz I could solo suicidal with a machete, its overpowered'. But, in the case of, lets say, the xbow or m14, its kinda major.

Reactions: Salad Snake
Upvote 0
Personally for honour and self pride.
Or, you know, for fun and challenge :D

I always figured Sharpie is for people that occasionally headshot, so each one is more rewarding and for specific role of scrake/fp killer for serious games in sucidial. If anything is overpowered about sharpie it is the 9mm instantly dropping 225 Clots and rather quick Gorefast deaths with headshots.

Upvote 0