• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Blender FBX Export issues

Warishell

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
Hey,

Doing some modeling with blender and i'm having trouble exporting skeletal meshes in FBX format to the RO2 SDK.

Importing the same FBX file into the UDK works.

If I import a skeletal mesh from the SDK say the m12 shotgun into blender then export it with blender as an FBX file, importing this into the RO2 SDK works.

So I'm thinking it should be possible to get it to work.

I've used the psk/psa exporter for blender and it works but it has shortcommings and usually messes up once the model gets more complex.
( I've been looking at the source code and it actually contains errors which I have reported.)

Has anyone encountered this issue? Does anyone here use blender for modeling skeletal meshes? (static meshes work fine in fbx)

A question to the devs: does the RO2 version of UE3 do something different when importing? ( might explain it working in UDK but not SDK )
I havn't checked all older versions of UDK and i'm guessing it all depends on the build but was wondering nevertheless...

Well I have a solution, I am able import if I first import the Skeletal Mesh into the udk(latest release) then export then reimport into RO2 SDK........

Hardly streamlined though.... does anyone know any way to import elements with command line arguments or maybe even in unrealscript commandlets?
Would make this a good solution for me untill i figure out the issue.

Upvote 0
Which version of the UDK are you testing with? My understanding has been that the SDK is roughly equivalent to the September 2010 UDK, so it's possible you need to export to an older version of FBX?

In maya I have to choose FBX2009 (for static mesh). We use the psk/psa workflow for skeletal mesh on In Country.

Last edited:
Upvote 0