• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better tutorials and a shooting range

peter491

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2020
With the huge influx of new players from EGS, i think its time for a complete overhaul of the tutorial level in kf2

I think we can all agree that the current tutorial is very lackluster. I recently replayed it to see how much a new player could actually learn from it, and honestly: It's no wonder where the stereotype "every new player runs around as Foster as a berzerker with the flamethrower" comes from. The tutorial is about as helpful as: "Do the shoot at enemies, deaden all enemies for trader, go trader for more boolets and bigger guns for more shoot."

It would be ideal for new players if we had one tutorial per class, each on a map that's build and scripted around explaining the basics of the class and it's role, and finally three or four general ones for positioning, stumble/knockdown/incapacitation and/or 'Pound's and Scrake's rage-mechanics, and Zed's general behaviour, weak-, and strongpoints.

As much fun as new-player-jokes are: You can hardly blame them when the game offers so little help in the first place.

Also i know this has been asked before, but a shooting range for testing out weapons would be immensely helpful. Its possible to do it now through TESTMAPREDUX in steam workshop. But not a lot of newer players know about this

At the risk of sounding either like a snob or a ****, I'd like to say : git gud.

More seriously, I would just say : practice. KF2 is not a very hard game, even if mistakes are punished quite harshly. It is perfectly fine to base games around trial-and-error. Again : it's not as if KF2 was rocket science. Most of what you need to know are : how to NOT get boxed (so knowing the maps), how to handle your money and which gun might be more suitable for a situation or not.

That's something that just comes naturally really.

Also, one has to think that the game is five years old... Far past its prime honestly. Is it truly interesting for it to get a new training mode so late into its lifetime? That's doubtful, even if the game may have had some fresh blood from the EGS.

Reactions: Soundwave9747
Upvote 0